Algorithm of reconstruction of the sound speed profile in a shallow-water geoacoustic waveguide from modal dispersion data
- 29 Downloads
The problem of reconstruction of the sound speed profile in the water column in a shallowsea waveguide by means of geoacoustic inversion from single-hydrophone recording of a pulse signal is considered. A method for solving this problem with the use of high-performance computer systems is developed and implemented. Numerical experiments performed by using this algorithm show that the sound speed profile in the water column can be reconstructed on the basis of some very rough estimates for geoacoustic parameters of the bottom. The use of these rough estimates does not affect the accuracy of sound speed profile reconstruction provided that the signal spectrum contains some components of sufficiently high frequency.
Keywordssound speed velocity modal dispersion inverse problem of geoacoustics computational cluster parallel computations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.I. Tolstoy and C. S. Clay, Ocean Acoustics: Theory and Experiment in Underwater Sound (American Institute of Physics, New York, 1987).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Grishagin and A. N. Svistunov, MPI-Based Parallel programming: Teaching Guide (Nizhnii Novgorod State University, Nizhnii Novgorod, 2005).Google Scholar
- 7.ALGLIB Library for Numerical Analysis. http://wwwalglibnet.Google Scholar
- 8.SSPEMDD Software System. https://githubcom/Nauchnik/Acoustics-at-home.Google Scholar
- 9.Irkutsk Supercomputer Center of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. http://wwwhpciccru.Google Scholar