Optimization tools of parallel simulation of nanostructures with quantum dots
- 37 Downloads
Tools for optimizing the performance of parallel programs on multi-architectural distributed computing systems are considered. A method for optimizing the embedding of parallel MPI-program into computing clusters with a hierarchical communication network structure is described. An adaptive approach to the delta optimization of restore points is proposed for effective fault-tolerant simulation on distributed computing systems.
Keywordsparallel program embedding fault tolerance parallel programming computing systems
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. V. Nenashev and A. V. Dvurechenskii, “Strain Distribution in Quantum Dot of Arbitrary Polyhedral Shape: Analytical Solution,” J. Appl. Phys. 107(6), 064322 (2010).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Khoroshevskii, “Distributed Computing Systems with Programmable Structure,” Vestn. Sib. Gos. Univ. Telekom. Inform. 2(10), 3–41 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Shidlovskii, V. I. Syryamkin, and V. S. Shidlovskii, “Tunable Computing Media in Multivariable Control System,” Telekommunikatsii, No. 10, 28–32 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Broquedis, J. Clet-Ortega, S. Moreaud, et al., “hwloc: A Generic Framework for Managing Hardware Affinities in HPC Applications,” in 18th Intern. Conf. on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing, Pisa, Italy, 17–19 Feb., 2010, pp. 180–186.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Hoefler and M. Snir, “Generic Topology Mapping Strategies for Large-Scale Parallel Architectures,” in Proc. of the ACM Intern. Conf. on Supercomputing, Tucson, USA, June, 2011, pp. 75–85.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Schroeder and G. A. Gibson, “A Large-Scale Study of Failures in High-Performance Computing Systems,” in Proc. of the Intern. Conf. on Dependable Systems and Networks, Philadelphia, USA, June 25–28, 2006, pp. 249–258.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Ansel, K. Arya, and G. Cooperman, DMTCP: Transparent “Checkpointing for Cluster Computations and the Desktop,” in Proc. of the IEEE Intern. Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IEEE Press, 2009), pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- 10.S. A. Kiswany, M. Ripeanu, S. S. Vazhkudai, and A. Gharaibeh, “stdchk: A Checkpoint Storage System for Desktop Grid Computing,” in Proc. of the 28th Intern. Conf. on Distributed Computing Systems (Washington, IEEE Computer Society, 2008), pp. 613–624.Google Scholar
- 11.C. Wang, F. Mueller, C. Engelmann, and S. L. Scott, “Hybrid Checkpointing for MPI Jobs in HPC Environments,” in Proc. of the 16th IEEE Intern. Conf. on Parallel and Distributed Systems (Washington, IEEE, 2010), pp. 524–533.Google Scholar