Effect of a constant electric field on mutual rectification in a graphene superlattice
- 36 Downloads
The effect of a transverse dc electric field on two-wave mutual rectification in a graphene superlattice (GSL) is investigated. Two field orientations are considered: (i) the polarization plane is parallel to the GSL axis and (ii) the polarization plane is perpendicular to the GSL axis. In both cases, the constant field is perpendicular to the polarization plane. The current density is calculated within a one-miniband model using the Boltzmann equation in the approximation of constant relaxation time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Olbrich, C. Zoth, P. Vierling, K.-M. Dantscher, G. V. Budkin, S. A. Tarasenko, V. V. Bel’kov, D. A. Kozlov, Z. D. Kvon, N. N. Mikhailov, S. A. Dvoretsky, and S. D. Ganichev, “Giant Photocurrents in a Dirac Fermion System at Cyclotron Resonance,” Phys. Rev. B. 87, 235439 (2013).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.R. B. Liu and B. F. Zhu, “Nonlinear Optics of Semiconductors under an Intense Terahertz Field,” Phys. Rev. B. 68, 195 (2003).Google Scholar
- 8.P. Olbrich, E. L. Ivchenko, R. Ravash, T. Feil, S. D. Danilov, J. Allerdings, D. Weiss, D. Schuh, W. Wegscheider, and S. D. Ganichev, “Erratum: Ratchet Effects Induced by Terahertz Radiation in Heterostructures with a Lateral Periodic Potential,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 090603 (2009).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.P. Olbrich, J. Kamann, M. Konig, J. Munzert, L. Tutsch, J. Eroms, D. Weiss, Ming-Hao Liu, L. E. Golub, E. L. Ivchenko, V. V. Popov, D. V. Fateev, K. V. Mashinsky, F. Fromm, Th. Seyller, and S. D. Ganichev, “Terahertz Ratchet Effects in Graphene with a Lateral Superlattice,” Phys. Rev. B. 93, 075422 (2016).ADSCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 12.S. Mensah, G. M. Shmelev, and E. M. Epshtein, “Optical Mixing of Two Electromagnetic Waves in a Superlattice,” Izv. VUZov. Fiz. 31 (6), 112 (1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.V. I. Konchenkov, S. V. Kryuchkov, and D. V. Zav’yalov, “Influence of a Transverse Electric Field on the Alternating Currents Rectification Effect in Superstructures with Nonadditive Energy Spectrum,” J. Nano- and Electron. Phys. 5 (4), 04001 (2013).Google Scholar
- 16.S. Y. Hong, J. I. Dadap, N. Petrone, P. C. Yeh, J. Hone, and R. M. Osgood, “Optical Third-Harmonic Generation in Graphene,” Phys. Rev. X. 3, 021014 (2013).Google Scholar
- 20.M. M. Jadidi, R. J. Suess, X. Cai, A. B. Sushkov, M. Mittendorff, M. S. Fuhrer, H. D. Drew, and T. E. Murphy, “Characterization of Graphene Photothermoelectric Detector via Two-Wave Mixing Technique,” in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO) (San Jose, CA (USA), SM2G. 7, 2015).Google Scholar