Polarization beam splitting in media with light-induced anisotropy
- 28 Downloads
The problem of light beam reflection from a refractive-index inhomogeneity induced by a high-power polarized Gaussian pump beam in a resonant medium has been simulated. A nonlinear optical method of spatial splitting of polarization components of a probe pump beam is proposed.
KeywordsPump Beam Pump Wave Polarization Beam Splitting Resonant Medium Probe Light Beam
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.M. Gibbs, Optical Bistability: Controlling Light by Light (Academic Press, Orlando, 1985).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu.S. Kivshar and G.P. Agrawal, Optical Solitons: From Fibers to Photonic Crystals (Academic, San Diego, 2003).Google Scholar
- 3.V.E. Lobanov and A.P. Sukhorukov, “Parametric Reflection of Wave Beams upon Mismatched Three-Frequency Interaction,” Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci.: Physics. 69(12), 1986 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.B.I. Stepanov and V.P. Gribkovskii, Introduction to the Theory of Luminescence (Izd-vo Akad. Nauk BelSSR, Minsk, 1963) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.D.V. Gorbach and O.G. Romanov, “Features of Self-Focusing and Two-Wave Mixing in Resonant Media,” Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci.: Physics. 70(9), 1438 (2006).Google Scholar