Plasma oscillations in two-dimensional electron systems with a superstructure under Stark quantization conditions
- 50 Downloads
The effect of quantizing electric field on plasma oscillations of two-dimensional electron gas in a system with a periodic potential has been theoretically investigated. The coupled-plasmon spectrum ω(q) is calculated for high temperatures (Δ ≪ T, where Δ is the conduction miniband width and T is temperature in energy units). The calculations are based on the quantum theory of plasma oscillations in the random-phase approximation, with allowance for the umklapp processes.
KeywordsWave Phenomenon Periodic Potential Plasma Oscillation Umklapp Process Conduction Miniband
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. M. Gusev, Z. D. Kvon, P.P. Wilms, V. B. Besman, N.V. Kovalenko, and N.G. Moshegov, “Shubnikov-de Haas Oscillations of a Two-Dimensional Electron Gas in Periodic Potential,” Sov.-Phys. Semicond. 26(3), 304 (1992).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Yu. Glazov, “Collective and Monoparticle Excitation in Two-Dimension Electron Gas with Superstructure under Stark Quantization Conditions,” Vestnik Voronezh State Tech. Univ. 2(8), 102 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.E. M. Epshtein, “Parametric Effect of Electromagnetic Wave on Plasma Oscillations in a 2D Electron Gas,” Fiz. Tverd. Tela. 33(5), 1431 (1991) [Sov. Phys. Solid State].Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Yakovlev, “On the Theory of Conduction of Narrow-Band Electrons in Semiconductors in a Strong Electric Field,” Fiz. Tverd. Tela. 3(7), 1983 (1961) [Sov. Phys. Solid State].Google Scholar
- 10.E. M. Epshtein, “Plasma Oscillations in a Superlattice in the Presence of Strong Electric Field,” Fiz. Tverd. Tela. 21(6), 1719 (1979) [Sov. Phys. Solid State].Google Scholar