A technique for thermal design of a heat exchanger with porous inserts
- 80 Downloads
A technique of designing a heat exchanger with porous inserts that is the development of the classical method for thermal design of recuperative finned heat exchangers is presented. A criterion equation was suggested to calculate the effective length of a rib, which is equivalent to a porous insert; the given equation takes into account the influence of the heat carriers flow regime, their thermo-physical properties, geometrical and thermo-physical parameters of porous inserts. Using a hot water calorifer as an example, we compared the thermal design techniques as well as the mass-dimensional indicators and heat and power effectiveness of the heat exchanger with porous inserts with similar characteristics of a standard plate-type one.
Keywordsheat exchanger porous insert thermal design technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nauchnye osnovy tekhnologii XXI veka (Scientific Fundamentals of the XXIst Century Technologies), Leont’ev, A.I., Pilyugin, N.N., Polezhaev, Yu.V., and Polyaev, V.M., Eds., Moscow: Energomash, 2000.Google Scholar
- 2.Antsiferov, V.N. and Khramtsov, V.D., Highly Porous Permeable Cellular Materials and Alloys. Application Fields, Perspektivnye Materialy, 2002, no. 2, pp. 23–28.Google Scholar
- 3.Kirsanov, Yu.A. and Ivanova, E.I., Thermal Design of a Plate-Type Heat Exchanger with Porous Inserts, Izvestiya RAN. Energetika, 2012, no. 5, pp. 80–89.Google Scholar
- 4.Mukhachev, G.A. and Shchukin, V.K., Termodinamika i teploperedacha (Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Kirsanov, Yu.A. and Ivanova, E.I., Efficiency of the Internal Ribbing of a Pipe with a Porous Insert, Materialy 6-oi mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii “Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya aviatsii, nazemnogo transporta i energetiki ANTE-2011” (Proc. 6th Int. Sc.-Tech. Conf. “Problems and Prospects of Development of Aviation, Ground Transport and Energetics ANTE -2011”), Kazan: Izd. Kazan. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2011, vol. 2, pp. 518–521.Google Scholar
- 6.Kirsanov, Yu.A., Nazipov, R.A., and Danilov, V.A., Geometric and Thermophysical Characteristics of a Highly-Porous Structure, Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2010, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 49–52 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 53, no. 2, p. 191–197].Google Scholar
- 7.Klyuchnikov, A.D. and Ivantsov, G.P., Teploperedacha izlucheniem v ognetekhnicheskikh ustanovkakh (inzhenernye resheniya zadach), Heat Transfer by Radiation in Fire Engineering Plants (Engineering Problem Solutions), Moscow: Energiya, 1970.Google Scholar
- 8.Kirsanov, Yu.A., Nazipov R.A., Ivanova, E.I., and Danilov, V.A., Investigation of Heat Exchange and Resistance in Highly Porous Bodies, Materialy 6-oi mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii “Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya aviatsii, nazemnogo transporta i energetiki ANTE-2011” (Proc. 6th Int. Sc.-Tech. Conf. “Problems and Prospects of Development of Aviation, Ground Transport and Energetics ANTE — 2011”), Kazan: Izd. Kazan. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2011, vol. 2, pp. 503–510.Google Scholar
- 9.Kirpichev, M.V. and Mikheev, M.A., Modelirovanie teplovykh ustroistv Simulation of Heat Devices, Moscow: Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1936.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST (State Standard) no. 15518-87, Plate-Type Heat Exchangers. Types, Parameters and Main Dimensions, 1999.Google Scholar
- 11.Teploobmennye apparaty TES: Spravochnik (Heat Exchangers of Thermal Stations: Handbook), Nazmeev, Yu.G., Shlyannikov, V. N., Eds., Moscow: ID MEI, 2010.Google Scholar