Selecting the Composition of Wear-Resistant Coatings
The relation of the composition of wear-resistant coatings with its structure and mechanical properties and with the cutting parameters is established. On that basis, multilayer coatings are proposed and their effectiveness is analyzed.
Keywordscutting tool wear-resistant coatings coating composition coating structure mechanical properties wear rate tool life
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tabakov, V.P., Formirovanie iznosostoikikh ionnoplazmennykh pokrytii rezhushchego instrumenta (Formation of Wear-Resistant Ion-Plasma Coatings on Cutting Tools), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Vereshchaka, A.S., Grigor’ev, S.N., and Tabakov, V.P., Methodological principles of creation the functional coatings of new generation for cutting tool manufacture, Uproch. Tekhnol. Pokryt., 2013, no. 2, pp. 18–39.Google Scholar
- 5.Tabakov, V.P., Vereshchaka, A.S., Vereshchaka, A.A., and Batako, A.D., The formation of multilayer coatings on a cutting tool, Vestn. Mashinostr., 2015, no. 9, pp. 82–88.Google Scholar
- 7.Tabakov, V.P. and Chikhranov, A.V., Performance improvement of the carbide tool by direct selection of the parameters of the wear-resistant coating composition, Stanki Instrum., 2016, no. 3, pp. 14–18.Google Scholar
- 8.Gorelik, S.S., Rastorguev, L.N., and Skakov, Yu.A., Rentgenstrukturnyi i elektronno-opticheskii analiz metallov (X-Ray Diffraction and Electron-Optical Analysis of Metals), Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.Tabakov, V.P. and Chikhranov, A.V., Determination of the mechanical characteristics of the plasma ion-wear coatings made of titanium nitride, Izv. Samar. Nauch. Tsentra, Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2010, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 292–297.Google Scholar
- 10.Tabakov, V.P. and Chikhranov, A.V., Iznosostoikie pokrytiya rezhushchego instrumenta, rabotayushchego v usloviyakh nepreryvnogo rezaniya (Wear-Resistance Coating of Cutting Instruments Operated at Continuous Cutting), Ulyanovsk: Ulyanovsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2007.Google Scholar