Improved Smoothing by a Tool with Ceramic Inserts
A dynamic system is analyzed by the simulation of two subsystems (for the part and the tool) that interact through the dynamic link formed by the machining process. This link corresponds to the smoothing forces, which may be expressed in terms of the state of the dynamic system. The dynamic stability and behavior of the system are expressed in terms of displacements from equilibrium.
Keywordssmoothing cutter cutting ceramics plastic deformation process dynamics surface-layer formation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mamaev, I.I., Effect of diamond smoothing on the surface quality of tool steels, Sb. Nauch. Tr. Volzh. Politekh. Inst., 1971, no. 12, pp. 45–49.Google Scholar
- 2.Mamaev, I.I., Diamond smoothing of interrupted surfaces, Vestn. Mashinostr., 1973, no. 12, pp. 55–56.Google Scholar
- 3.Markov, A.I. and Ustinov, I.D., Ul’trazvukovoe almaznoe vyglazhivanie detalei i rezhushchego instrumenta: uchebnoe posobie (Ultrasonic Diamond Smoothing of the Parts and Cutting Tools: Manual), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Khanukaev, M.M, Improvement of efficiency of diamond smoothing by controlled dynamics of the process, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Tech.) Dissertation (Rostov-on-Don, Don State Tech. Univ., 2014).Google Scholar
- 5.Kuznetsov, V.P., Gortsog, V.G., Gubanov, V.F., et al., Obespechenie trebuemogo kachestva poverkhnostei detalei na osnove upravleniya dunamicheskoi sistemoi protsessa vyglazhivaniya: uchebnoe posobie (Ensuring the Required Quality of the Surfaces of Parts Based on the Control of Dynamic System of Smoothing: Manual), Staryi Oskol: TNT, 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.Puchkin, V.N, Performance improvement of turning ceramic cutters in turning of refractory steels, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Tech.) Dissertation (Rostov-on- Don, Don State Tech. Univ., 2009).Google Scholar