Power Supplies for Electronic High-Voltage Measuring-Current Transformers
A power supply for electronic high-voltage measuring-current transformers with extraction of energy from the measured current that flows through a high-voltage line has been considered. A magnetic core of the supply transformer from the windings of which the necessary power is extracted is mounted on the line for this purpose. When the line current changes over a wide range, the supply transformer should have a quickly saturated magnetic core. It has been shown that, to reduce the losses and decrease the loading of the elements of a power-supply circuit in a wide current range, a ballast load should be introduced in the circuit of a secondary winding. Three variants of the ballast load have been compared: resistive, capacitive, and in the form of a transistor-current limiter. The results of simulations in the VisSim software have been considered for all three variants, as well as for the case of absence of a ballast load in the power-supply circuit. The simulations were carried out for the lowest and highest measured currents, as well as for the line short-circuit mode. The results of simulations have shown the advantages of a power supply based on a saturated transformer with a transistor-current limiter. A variant of a circuit of a transistor-current limiter has been suggested.
Keywordspower supply electronic current transformers high-voltage measurements in an electrical network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GOST (State Standard) R MEK 60044-8-2010: Instrument Transformers. Part 8: Electronic Current Transformers, Moscow: Standartinform, 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Afanas’ev, V.V., Zubkov, V.P., and Krastina, A.D., Optoelectronic current transformers, Elektrichestvo, 1970, no. 7.Google Scholar
- 3.Volovich, G.I., Skhemotekhnika analogovykh i analogotsifrovykh elektronnykh ustroistv (Circuitry of Analog and Analog-Digital Electronic Devices), Moscow: Dodeka-XXI, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.D’yakonov, V.P., VisSim+Mathcad+MATLAB. Vizual’noe matematicheskoe modelirovanie (Vis-Sim+Mathcad+MATLAB. Visual Mathematical Modeling), Moscow: SOLON-Press, 2004.Google Scholar
- 5.Volovich, G.I., Modeling of the current convertor in the VisSim software package, Silovaya Elektron., 2014, no. 3.Google Scholar
- 6.Yashin, I.A., Kazantsev, Yu.A., Kopylova, L.A., and Gevorkyan, V.M., RF Patent 2483409, Byull. Izobret., 2013, no. 15.Google Scholar