Magnetic conduction of a magnetic reducer modulator
- 22 Downloads
The through magnetic conductivities of a modulator have been considered in the magnetic fluxes produced by the stator winding and rotor magnets at observation points that are located on the outer surface of magnets and bore surface of a stator, respectively. The numerical calculations have shown that these conductivities, which substantially differ from each other, are formed by the fundamental harmonics. The contribution of higher harmonics in these conductivities is negligible. The analytical calculations of the through magnetic conductivity of a modulator (based on the classical approaches to electrical machines for calculations of magnetic fields in air gaps with single-sided serration) lead to a significant error. The effect of magnetic saturation of the modulator cores made of laminated electric steel sheets on the through magnetic conductivities has been estimated.
Keywordsnumerical and analytical calculations basic and higher harmonics observation points magnetic saturation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jian Linni, Chau, K.T., and Yu, Gong., Comparison of coaxial magnetic gears with different topologies, IEEE Trans. Magn., 2009, vol. 45, no. 10.Google Scholar
- 2.Jiabin Wang, Kais Atallah, and Carvley, S.D., A magnetic continuously variable transmission device, IEEE Trans. Magn., 2011, vol. 47, no. 10.Google Scholar
- 3.Afanas’ev, A.A., Metod sopryazheniya konformnykh otobrazhenii v zadachakh elektromekhaniki (Conjugation Method for Conformal Mapping in Electromechanical Problems), Cheboksary: Chuvash State Univ., 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.Ivanov-Smolenskii, A.V., Elektromagnitnye sily i preobrazovanie energii v elektricheskikh mashinakh (Electromagnetic Forces and Energy Transformation in Electrical Machines), Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.Ivanov-Smolenskii, A.V. and Abramkin, Yu.V., Primenenie konformnogo preobrazovaniya v elektromagnitnykh raschetakh elektricheskikh mashin. Analiticheskie metody (Conformal Transformation for Electromagnetic Calculations of Electrical Machines. Analytical Methods), Moscow: MPEI, 1980.Google Scholar