Using controlled electric-power lines with controlled series compensation in smart-grid networks
- 25 Downloads
The application of controlled series-compensation devices (SCDs) is one trend in development of controlled electric-power lines (EPLs). The influence of controlled SCDs on the regimes and stability of an electric-power system with two generating plants was considered. The methods of mathematical modeling, numerical integration, D decomposition, and computing experiment were used in the research. It was revealed that controlled SCDs make it possible to increase the EPL capacity and have a positive effect on the margins for the static aperiodic and dynamic stability, without leading to instability at compensation typical for the operating regimes of electric-power systems (EPSs). The methodology for determining the range of change of the parameter of a controlled SCD in order to define its optimal amount making it possible, on the one hand, to have a maximum positive effect on EPL capacity and static aperiodic and dynamic stability and, on the other hand, to prevent oscillatory instability was proposed. The possibility of constructing smart-grid networks based on controlled SCDs is revealed. The construction of a smart-grid network with use of controlled SCDs leads to the creation of highly integrated, new-generation smart electricity networks that are characterized by increased EPL capacity and increased static- and dynamic-stability margins.
Keywordselectric-power system controlled series-compensation devices smart grid stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Elektricheskie seti sverkh-i ul’travysokogo napryazheniya EES Rossii. Teoreticheskie i prakticheskie osnovy: v 3 t. (Super- and Ultrahigh Voltage Electrical Networks of the Russian Unified Energy System. Theoretical and Practical Base. In 3 Vols.), D’yakov, A.F., Ed., Moscow: STC “Energoprogress”, 2012, vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Golov, V.P., Martirosyan, A.A., Moskvin, I.A., and Vinogradova, A.A., Stability of electric energy system consisting of two electric power stations with controlled series compensation, Vestn. Ivanovsk. Gos. Energ. Univ., 2012, no. 5.Google Scholar
- 3.Stroev, V.A. and Golov, P.V., Models for researching transient processes in complicatedly controlled electric power system, Izv. Akad. Nauk. Energet., 2010, no. 6.Google Scholar
- 4.Golov, V.P., Martirosyan, A.A., and Moskvin, I.A., The way to calculate the steady state characteristics of electric power system with controlled series compensation, Vestn. Ivanovsk. Gos. Energ. Univ., 2012, no. 6.Google Scholar
- 5.Fokin, V.K., The way to increase the power generated by Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power plant by means of capacitive compensation at Sayano-Shushenskaya hydroelectric power plant–“Novokuznetskaya”, “Kuzbasskaya” line, Energiya Edinoi Seti, 2013, no. 2 (7).Google Scholar