The possibilities offered by use of solid insulation in complete switching gears and cross-linked polyethylene insulation under direct and alternating current
- 24 Downloads
The prospects for use of energy cables with cross-linked polyethylene insulation (CLPE) and switching gears with solid insulation under direct and alternating current are considered. The main developments in the work of enterprises manufacturing cable products are listed, and their main characteristics are given. The advantages of cables lines with cross-linked polyethylene insulation over cable lines with paper–oil insulation are described: increased capacity, high permissible insulation temperature, smaller cable bend radius, smaller weight–size parameters, increased service life, the possibility of being laid at low temperatures, and high environmental characteristics. The global experience and main problems of application of cross-linked polyethylene insulation cables under direct high-voltage current are analyzed. The variants of performance of the insulation and structure of 6–35 kV switching gears of different producers are studied. Some functions of switching gear, typical structures, and equipment structure are listed, and the main test modes for insulation of separated section and units of the switching gears are described. Different types of solid insulation of complete switching gears (CSGs) of medium voltage are compared: with and without a grounded shield on the surface. Reduced weight–size parameters and increased electrical safety are identified as advantages of the structure with a shield. Data on perspective Russian development in the area of complete switching gears and solid insulation are presented, and the conclusions regarding their main advantages are drawn. The basic functional of the system of control and monitoring by new-generation switching gear of the is offered.
Keywordscables switching gear cross-linked polyethylene solid insulation space charge alternating current direct current
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sazhin, B.I., et al., Elektricheskie svoistva polimerov (Electrical Properties of Polymers), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.Kabeli i provoda. Osnovy kabel’noi tekhniki (Cables and Wires. Foundations of Cable Engineering), Peshkov, I.B., Ed., Moscow: Energoatomoizdat, 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.Larina, E.T., Silovye kabeli i vysokovol’tnye kabel’nye linii: ucheb. dlya vuzov (Power Cables and High-Voltage Cable Lines. Student’s Book for Universities), Moscow: Energoatomoizdat, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Elektrotekhnicheskii spravochnik. Proizvodstvo, peredacha i raspredelenie elektricheskoi energii (Handbook on Electrical Engineering. Electric Energy Generation, Transportation and Distribution), Gerasimov, V.G., Ed., Moscow: MPEI, 2004, vol. 3.Google Scholar
- 5.Katalog SOJO Electric. Yacheika KRU s tverdoi izolyatsiei SVI (SOJO Electric Catalog. Switchgear and Control Gear Cell with Solid SVI Insulating), 2014.Google Scholar
- 6.Katalog Schneider Electric. Kompaktnoe modul’noe raspredelitel’noe ustroistvo Premset 6–10 kV (Schneider Electric Catalog. Compact Module Distributive Device Premset 6–10 kV), 2013.Google Scholar