Method for correction of gauge interference of the head-strip section in a system for automated controlling of the thickness of a broad-strip hot-rolling mill
To compensate for gauge interference caused by increased temperature of the head-strip section during milling on a broad-strip hot-rolling mill, a method for automated correction of thickness is proposed. Its essence lies in additional separation of the rolls during rolling of the head section with its subsequent return into the specified position for rolling the main strip length. The structure of the system for automated controlling, which implements this method, is considered. Rational parameters for correction of the roll space for the strips of diverse assembly are substantiated. The results of experiments performed at roll 2000 of the Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works are presented.
Keywordsbroad-strip hot-rolling mill automated thickness-control system strip gauge interference correction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Salganik, V.M., Gun, I.G., Karandyaev, A.S., and Radionov, A.A., Tonkoslyabovye liteino-prokatnye agregaty dlya proizvodstva stal’nykh polos (Thinslabe Casting-Rolling Devices for Producing Steel Bands), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Tekhn. Univ. im. N.E. Baumana, 2003.Google Scholar
- 2.Hydraulic Automatic Gauge Control, Davy McKee (Sheffield) Ltd., 1987.Google Scholar
- 3.Khramshin, V.R., Andryushin, I.Yu., Shilyaev, P.V., Petryakov, S.A., and Gostev, A.N., Technical solution in automatic control system for 2000 hot rolling lathe thickness, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektromekh., 2011, no. 4, pp. 41–45.Google Scholar
- 4.Galkin, V.V., Petryakov, S.A., Karandaev, A.S., and Khramshin, V.R., Automated thickness correction of band head in hydraulic system for thickness automated control of wide-band broadband, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Elektromekh., 2011, no. 4, pp. 46–50.Google Scholar
- 5.Khramshin, V.R., Karandaev, A.S., Petryakov, S.A., Galkin, V.V., and Khramshin, R.R., RF Minor Patent 117329, IPC 7 B 21 B 37/16, BIMP, 2012, no. 18.Google Scholar