Bactericidal action of the Bacillus subtilis bacterial strains on the agents of leptospirosis
For the first time, the antagonistic properties of the strains of the Bacillus subtilis TNP-3-DEP and Bacillus subtilis TNP-5-DEP bacteria in relation to various groups of Leptospira were studied. The suspension of these strains induced the lysis of the following strains of Leptospira serogroups: Pomona, Tarassovi, Grippotiphosa, Hebdomadis, Sejroe, Itherohaemorrhagiae, and Canicola. The bactericidal properties of the strains of the bacteria were caused by an ability of the bacteria to produce both bacteriocins and a number of enzymes (protease, gelatinase, amylase, cellulase, β-gluconase, xylolase, and fructosyltransferase). The way of the suppression of the Leptospira viability may be used in veterinary science and medicine to develop the probiotic agents and the means of disinfection of the objects of environment in the case of leptospirosis.
KeywordsLeptospira serogroups pathogenicity lysis bacteria probiotics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anan’ina, Yu.V., Leptospiroses in the Russian Federation: Modern features of epidemic manifestations of natural and anthropogenic foci, Vet. Patol., 2004, no. 4, pp. 54–57.Google Scholar
- 2.Anan’ina, Yu.V., Leptospiroses in humans and animals: Trends of spread and problems of preventing, Epizootol. Vaktsinoprofil., 2010, no. 2(51), pp. 13–16.Google Scholar
- 4.Volkov, N.A., Epizootic situation on a number of contagious animal diseases has deteriorated sharply, Vetkorm, 2010, no. 5, pp. 6–7.Google Scholar
- 5.Makarova, L.I. and Nikitina, A.A., Problems of leptospirosis of farm animals in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Sb. Dokl. Mezhd. nauch. prakt. konf. “Sovremennye problemy i innovatsionnye tendentsii razvitiya agrarnoi nauki” (Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. Modern Problems and Innovation Trends in the Development of Agricultural Science), Yakutsk, 2010, p. 54–56.Google Scholar
- 6.Glaskovich, M.A. and Kapitonova, E.A., Effect of feed antibiotics on intestinal microbiocenosis of farm animals: Brief analytic review, Uch. Zap. UO VGAVM, 2010, vol. 46, no. 1, part 1, pp. 194–197.Google Scholar
- 7.Neustroev, M.P. and Tarabukina, N.P., An effective probiotic for northern animal breeding, Dostizh. Nauki Tekh. APK, 2006, no. 5, pp. 18–19.Google Scholar