Influence of the Crushing of Bituminous Batch on Coke Quality
- 1 Downloads
Laboratory and industrial research confirms that decrease in the clinkering properties of bituminous coal when it is present to excess in the coking batch improves the strength of blast-furnace coke. If coal batch containing >70% bituminous coal is crushed until its content of the ≤3 mm class is 90%, the crushability Π25 may be increased by 1.8%, with decrease in the susceptibility to wear И10 by 0.8%. This behavior may be explained in that increase in the specific surface of the coal particles reduces the fluidity of the plastic mass and hence increases its viscosity. Consequently, the residence time of the gaseous products in the plastic zone increases. That results in the formation of a large quantity high-molecular gas, creating higher expansion pressure. The overall outcome is greater utilization of the destruction products as plasticizers; the formation of additional liquid from the gaseous products within the grains; and improvement in the contact conditions.
Keywordscoal batch bituminous coal crushing clinkering properties coke strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Shmeltser, E.O., Lyalyuk, V.P., and Sokolova, V.P., The effect of preparation of coal charges on the quality of metallurgical coke, Vestn. Priazovsk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2015, no. 30, pp. 27–36.Google Scholar
- 5.Romanyuk, I.V., Sikan, I.I., Mukina, N.V., et al., Prospective development of the coal resource base of the ArcelorMittal Krivoy Rog coke-chemical production, Uglekhim. Zh., 2016, nos. 3–4, pp. 12–18.Google Scholar
- 10.ISO 10329:2009: Coal—Determination of Plastic Properties— Constant-Torque Gieseler Plastometer Method, Geneva: Int. Org. Standard., 2009.Google Scholar
- 11.Taits, E.M., Enik, G.I., and Rizaev, V.V., The degree of crushing of high-sintering coal and coke strength, Koks Khim., 1987, no. 11, pp. 37–39.Google Scholar
- 12.Gofman, M.V., Prikladnaya khimiya tverdogo topliva (Applied Solid Fuel Chemistry), Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 1963.Google Scholar
- 13.Sklyar, M.G., Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy spekaniya uglei (Physical and Chemical Basis of Coal Sintering), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1984.Google Scholar
- 14.Gryaznov, N.S., Osnovy teorii koksovaniya (Fundamental Theory of Coking), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1976.Google Scholar
- 16.Miroshnichenko, D.V., Sostavlenie ugol’nykh shikht dlya koksovaniya (Composition of Coal Charge for Coking), Kiev: Tekhnika, 1965.Google Scholar