Multiplicity of charged particles in electron-induced showers developing in oriented silicon and tungsten crystals
- 22 Downloads
A more than twofold increase in the average multiplicity of charged particles in electromagnetic showers initiated by electrons with an energy of 26 GeV in tungsten crystals 2.7, 5.8, and 8.4 mm thick, oriented along the 〈111〉 axis, in comparison with misoriented crystals is shown. For a silicon crystal 20 mm thick, oriented along the 〈110〉 axis, at an electron energy of 28 GeV, the average multiplicity of charged particles increases by a factor of ∼1.6. The widths of the orientation dependences of the average multiplicity of charged particles in electron-induced showers in silicon and tungsten crystals are proportional to the crystal thickness and depend on the electron energy as E −1/2.
KeywordsCharged Particle Electron Energy Silicon Crystal LEBEDEV Physic Institute Orientation Dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. N. Baier, V. M. Katkov, and V. M. Strakhovenko, Electromagnetic Processes at High Energy in Oriented Single Crystals (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1989; World Scientific, Singapore, 1998).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Akhizer and N. F. Shul’ga, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 85, 94 (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Baskov, V. V. Kim, B. I. Luchkov, et al., Prib. Tekh. Eksp. 6, 10 (1996) [Instrum. Exp. Tech. 39, 780 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Baskov, Preprint No. 36 (Lebedev Physical Institute, Moscow, 2011).Google Scholar
- 8.V.A. Baskov, V. V. Kim, I. V. Konorov, et al. Prib. Tekh.Eksp. 5, 58 (1990).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Baskov, V. V. Kim, B. I. Luchkov, et al., Preprint No. 14 (Lebedev Physical Institute, Moscow, 2012).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Baskov, V.V. Kim, B. I. Luchkov, et al., Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 38(6), 8 (2011) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 38, 158 (2011)].Google Scholar