Variation of chaotic motion of silicon particles suspended in liquid under field
A decrease in the characteristic correlation time of light scattered by silicon particles in transformer oil and an increase in their effective diffusion coefficient when the particle suspension in oil is exposed to a dc electric field were experimentally shown. The current in the suspension did not exceed 100 nA and its temperature was unchanged. It was also shown that the shape of the correlation function of light scattered by particles changes, i.e., a Gaussian factor appears in it. The dependences of the exponential and Gaussian components on the electrode voltage are presented.
Key wordsparticle suspension in field electrophoresis diffusivity dynamic light scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Dukhin and B. V. Deryagin, Electrophoresis (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.S. Barany, F. Madai, and V. Shilov, Progr. Colloid Polym. Sci. 128, 14 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.K. V. Kovalenko, S. V. Krivokhizha, A. V. Masalov, and L. L. Chaikov, Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 36(4), 3 (2009) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 36, 95 (2009)].Google Scholar
- 5.T. Palberg, H. Reiber, T. Köller, et al., ArXiv.org>cond-mat>arXiv:0811.2321 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Finsy, A. Devriese, H. Lekkerkerker, and J.C.S. Faraday II, 76, 767 (1980).Google Scholar