High-frequency response and the possibility of detecting the quantum amplification mode in resonant-tunneling diode structures
- 40 Downloads
The conditions of the implementation of the quantum mode of microwave generation in semiconductor resonant-tunneling diode (RTD) structures were theoretically analyzed. Based on the constructed analytical model of the steady-state current and high-frequency response in symmetric RTD structures with finite barrier widths, high-frequency properties of RTDs in an external ac electric field were analyzed by numerical simulation methods. It was shown that the quantum amplification mode can appear not only in the high-frequency region of the terahertz range, but also at relatively low frequencies due to deformation of frequency dependences in a dc electric field.
KeywordsLEBEDEV Physic Institute Electron Beam Incident Terahertz Range Resonant Level Terahertz Frequency Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. F. Elesin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 116, 704 (1999) [JETP 89, 377 (1999)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. F. Elesin, Phys. Low-Dim. Struct. 1/2, 55 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.V. F. Elesin, I. Yu. Kateev, and A. I. Podlivaev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 36, 1033 (2002) [Semiconductors 36, 1053 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 7.V. F. Elesin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 121, 925 (2002) [JETP 94, 794 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 8.V. F. Elesin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 124, 379 (2003) [JETP 97, 343 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 9.V. F. Elesin, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 123, 1096 (2003) [JETP 96, 966 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Chuenkov, Kratkie Soobshcheniya po Fizike FIAN 35(10), 21 (2008) [Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute 35, 303 (2008)].Google Scholar