Absolute Logarithmic Norm
- 17 Downloads
In this paper we introduce and study a new concept of the absolute logarithmic norm, which has much in common with the classical definition of the logarithmic norm by S. M. Lozinskii. The the theory that we develop allows to obtain new facts from the Lyapunov stability theory for the systems of linear differential equations with constant coefficients. The presentation of the material relies heavily on the theory of off-diagonally nonnegative matrices arising from the Perron–Frobenius theory for nonnegative matrices.
Keywordslogarithmic norm Lyapunov stability the theory of Perron–Frobenius for nonnegative matrices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Daletskii, Yu. L., Krein, M. G. Stability of Solutions of Differential Equations in Banach Space (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.Bylov, B. F., Vinograd, R. E., Grobman, D. M., Nemytskii, V. V. Theory of Lyapunov Exponents and its Application to Problems of Stability (Nauka, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.Kamke E. Handbook of Ordinary Differential Equations (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [Russian translation].Google Scholar
- 7.Matrosov, V. M. Lyapunov Vector Functions Method: Analysis of Dynamical Properties of Nonlinear Systems (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001). [Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Sansone G. Ordinary Differential Equations (In. Lit.,Moscow, 1954), Vol. 2 [Russian translation].Google Scholar
- 11.Sevast’yanov, B. A. “Theory of Branching Stochastic Processes”, Usp. Mat. Nauk 6, No. 6, 47–99 (1951) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.Perov, A. I., Kostrub, I. D., Avdeeva, O. I. “Asymptotic Stability Criteria”, in Proceedings of International conference dedicated to the 95-th anniversary of Voronezh university ‘Topical Problems of Applied Mathematic, Information Science and Mechanics’, (Nauchnaya Kniga Voronezh, 2013), pp. 21–30 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 16.Krasnosel’skii, M. A., Burd, V. Sh., Kolesov. Yu. S. Nonlinear Almost Periodic Oscillations (Nauka, Moscow, 1970) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 18.Yakubovich, V. A., Starzhinskii, V. M. Linear Differential EquationsWith Periodic Coefficients and Their Applications (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.Markus, M., Mink, Kh. A Survey of Matrix Theory and Matrix Inequalities (Nauka, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.Parodi, M. Localization of Characteristic Numbers of Matrices and its Applications (Academic, N. Y., 1959; In. Lit.,Moscow, 1960).Google Scholar