Quasichemical description of the cell death kinetics of cellular biosensor Spirostomum ambigua for testing the biological activity of aqueous solutions
- 62 Downloads
A kinetic method of biotesting of aqueous solutions using isolated cells of unicellular organism Spirostomum ambigua has been described. A kinetic scheme of interaction of cellular biosensor with ligands based on the Michaelis-Menten mechanism was proposed. It was shown that the death rate of S. ambigua featured the Arrhenius-type dependence on temperature. The activation energy was determined for different toxicants and drugs. For many compounds the activation energy of slow stage of the process of cellular biosensor death linearly correlates with parameter DL50 for the same substances at their oral administration to laboratory animals.
Keywordsbiotesting of water biosensor kinetic isotope effect toxicity activation energy Spirostomum ambigua
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Pleteneva, T.V., The First Int. Conf. of Electrochem. and Its Appl., Luxor, 28–30 August 1996, Qena, Egypt: South Valley University, 1996, pp. 245–248.Google Scholar
- 11.Syroeshkin, A.V., Pleteneva, T.V., and Dolgopolova, V.A., Materialy nauch.-prakt. konf. posvyashch. 100-letiyu so dnya rozhd. Prof. S.M. Pavlenko (Proceedings of the Theoretical and Practical Conference Devoted to the Centenary of the Birth of Prof. S. M. Pavlenko), Moscow, 13–14 October 2000, Moscow: Izd.-vo RUDN, 2000, pp. 196–197.Google Scholar
- 12.Syroeshkin, A.V., Suzdaleva, O.V., Kiskina, L.P., Dolgopolova, V.A., Bykanova, S.N., and Pleteneva, T.V., Vest. RUDN., 2001, no. 3. [Electronic resource], Access mode: http://med.pfu.edu.ru/_new/russian/win/library/ vestnik/v013/03_2001.html.Google Scholar
- 13.Pleteneva, T.V., Extended Abstract of Doctoral (Chem.) Dissertation, Moscow, 1993.Google Scholar
- 17.Syroeshkin, A.V., Titorovich (Levitskaya), O.V., Pleteneva, T.V., and Burdeinaya, T.N., Mikroelementy v meditsine, 2015, vol. 3, no. 16, pp. 29–37.Google Scholar