Dielectric Nonlinearity and the Velocity of Ultrasonics in the Region of the Structural Phase Transition in (K0.5Na0.5)(Nb1 – xTa x )O3 Ceramics
- 27 Downloads
Properties of the dielectric response of (K0.5Na0.5)(Nb1 – xTa x )O3 + 0.5 mol % MnO2 (KNN-xTa) ferroelectric ceramics at temperatures including that of the structural phase transition (SPT) from the orthorhombic phase to tetragonal is studied and compared to the behavior of elastic properties in this region of temperatures. The character is determined of the concentration dependences of such anomalies as the temperature of the maximum of permittivity Tmax(x) in the SPT region and temperature Textr at which the maximum increment of permittivity upon specimen heating in the SPT region occurs. It is found temperature Textr coincides with the one at which minimum v(T) of the velocity of a longitudinal acoustic wave is observed at SPT. Features of a nonlinear dielectric response associated with the coexistence of different types of domain boundaries in the region of a smeared structural transition in KNN-xTa ceramics are determined in studying the temperature behavior of polarization loops.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Smeltere, I., Lead-free ferroelectric ceramics based on alkali niobates, Doctoral Thesis, Riga: Riga Tech. Univ., 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.Smolenskii, G.A., Bokov, V.A., Isupov, V.A., et al., Fizika segnetoelektricheskikh yavlenii (Physics of Ferroelectric Phenomena), Leningrad: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 11.Yushin, N.K., Smirnova, E.P., Tarakanov, E.A., and Sommer, R., Fiz. Tverd. Tela, 1994, vol. 3, no. 5, p. 1330.Google Scholar
- 15.Shil’nikov, A.V., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz., 1987, vol. 51, no. 10, p. 1726.Google Scholar
- 17.Sopit, A.V., Burkhanov, A.I., Semibratov, V.O., et al., in Materialy Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konf. INTERMATIC–2016 (Proc. Int. Sci. and Tech. Conf. INTERMATIC–2016), Moscow, 2016, vol. 3, p. 58.Google Scholar