Comparative analysis of the amorphous phases obtained in Ti50Ni25Cu25 alloy using different approaches
- 19 Downloads
The structure of amorphous Ti50Ni25Cu25 alloy is investigated upon megaplastic deformation in a Bridgman chamber at room temperature. The dependences of average and local fractions of the crystalline phase along a sample’s radius on deformation are obtained. Radial distribution functions that allow calculation of the interatomic distances and coordinate numbers in several coordinate shells of investigated sample are found. It is concluded that the amorphous state in a Ti50Ni25Cu25 system fabricated by melt quenching is virtually the same as the one that arises through deformation-driven amorphization at room temperature in a Bridgman chamber.
KeywordsAmorphous State Radial Distribution Function Coordinate Shell Amorphous Halo Crystal Phase Transition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nosova, G.I. Shalimova, A.V., et al., Kristallografiya, 2009, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 1111–11183.Google Scholar
- 2.Glezer, A.M., Sundeev, R.V., and Shalimova, A.V., Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 2011, vol. 440, no. 1, pp. 39–42.Google Scholar
- 4.Pushin, V.G., Kuranova, N.N., et al., Fiz. Met. Metalloved., 2012, vol. 113, no. 3, pp. 286–298.Google Scholar
- 7.Veligzhanin, A.A., Zubavichus, Ya.V., et al., Vestn. Tomsk. Gos. Univ., 2013, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1709–1711.Google Scholar
- 8.Shelekhov, E.V. and Sviridova, T.A., Metalloved. Term. Obrab. Met., 2000, no. 8, pp. 16–22.Google Scholar
- 10.Blank, V.D. and Estrin, E.I., Fazovye prevrashcheniya v tverdykh telakh pri vysokom davlenii (Phase Transitions in Solids under High Pressures), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2011.Google Scholar
- 12.Glezer, A.M., Permyakova, I.E., et al., Mekhanicheskoe povedenie amorfnykh splavov (Mechanical Behavior of Amorphous Alloys), Novokuznetsk: Siberian State Industrial Univ., 2006.Google Scholar