P-odd asymmetries for the binary fission of oriented target nuclei, induced by cold polarized neutrons
- 35 Downloads
P-odd asymmetries in binary fission of oriented target nuclei induced by cold polarized neutrons are described for the first time using methods of the quantum theory of fission. A spin matrix of the compound nucleus density is constructed with allowance for the interference of the fission amplitudes of various pairs of neutron resonances excited in the given nucleus during the capture of a cold polarized neutron by the oriented target nucleus. In the differential cross sections for this reaction we obtain not only P-odd T-even correlations with the angular dependence different from that of the earlier investigated correlations in the fission of unoriented target nuclei by polarized neutrons but also P-odd T-odd correlations that do not occur in the fission of unoriented target nuclei by polarized neutrons and oriented target nuclei by unpolarized neutrons.
KeywordsDifferential Cross Section Target Nucleus Binary Fission Neutron Resonance Spin Density Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Danilyan, G.V., Vodennikov, B.D., Dronyaev, V.P., et al., JETP Lett., 1977, vol. 26, p. 197.Google Scholar
- 4.Belozerov, A.M., Danilyan G.V., et al., JETP Lett., 1983, vol. 38, p. 136.Google Scholar
- 9.Bunakov, V.E. and Kadmensky S.G., Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci. Phys., 2008, vol. 71, p. 2030.Google Scholar
- 10.Kadmensky, S.G., Markushev, V.P., and Furman, W.I., Sov. J. Nucl. Phys., 1982, vol. 35, p. 166.Google Scholar
- 11.Bohr, A., Proc. Int. Conf. on Peaceful Use of Atomic Energy, Geneva, 1955, vol. 5, p. 200.Google Scholar
- 12.Kadmensky, S.G., Bunakov, V.E., and Titova, L.V., Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci. Phys., 2012, vol. 76, no. 8, p. 1060.Google Scholar
- 13.Davydov, A.S., Teoriya atomnogo yadra (Theory of Atomic Nucleus), Moscow: Fizmatgiz, 1958.Google Scholar
- 14.Varshalovich, D.A., Moskalev, A.N., and Khersonskii, V.K., Kvantovaya teoriya uglovogo momenta (Quantum Theory of Angular Moment), Leningrad: Nauka, 1975.Google Scholar
- 15.Barabanov, A.L., Simmetrii i spin-uglovye korrelyatsii v reaktsiyakh i raspadakh (Symmetries and Spin-Angular Correlations in Reactions and Decays), Moscow: Fizmatlit, 2012.Google Scholar