Parametric reflection phenomenon in quadratic uniaxial crystals with birefringence
- 22 Downloads
Effects of parametric refraction and reflection of optical beams in uniaxial crystals have been considered with allowance for birefringence. The equation of the signal wave trajectory, taking into account the medium anisotropy, has been obtained and analyzed. Pecularities of these effects for different types of three-frequency interaction of ordinary and extraordinary waves are shown. In the presence of birefringence, the effective mismatch sign can change and consequently the cascade nonlinearity can become focusing; in this case, the effect of reflection disappears.
KeywordsTilt Angle Signal Wave Anisotropic Medium Extraordinary Wave Uniaxial Crystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lobanov, V.E. and Sukhorukov, A.P., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz., 2005, vol. 69, no. 12, p. 1775.Google Scholar
- 2.Sukhorukov, A.P., Lobanov, V.E., and Ermakova, S.V., Proc. SPIE, 2006, vol. 6181, 61 810S.Google Scholar
- 3.Lobanov, V.E., Sukhorukov, A.P., Tsyrendorzhiev, A.Zh., and Kalinovich, A.A., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz., 2006, vol. 70, no. 12, p. 1731.Google Scholar
- 5.Dmitriev, V.G. and Tarasov, L.V., Prikladnaya nelineinaya optika (Applied Nonlinear Optics), Moscow: FIZMATLIT, 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.Lobanov, V.E. and Sukhorukov, A.P., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Fiz., 2008, vol. 72, no. 1, p. 16.Google Scholar