Microwave detection of spatial-dispersion effects in superconductors
- 16 Downloads
A microwave method based on the use of microstrip retardation systems for detecting spatial-dispersion effects in superconductors is proposed. Strong phase velocity retardation in a microstrip resonator has been revealed, which is explained by the influence of sharp strip edges, near which high curvature occurs for the coordinate system introduced to search for wave solutions. This circumstance leads to a spatial dependence of the phase velocity on the scale factors of the curvilinear coordinate system and may significantly reduce the phase velocity. Comparative estimates of the spatial effects in samples of a single-crystal high-temperature superconductor (YBaCuO), Nb, and Cu have been obtained from measurements of the total value and increment of the resonance frequency during the transition of the cooling helium from the liquid to gaseous state, depending of the sample position in the field of the microstrip resonator.
KeywordsPhase Velocity Spatial Effect Spatial Dispersion Effective Permittivity Curvilinear Coordinate System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Golovashkin, A.I., Karuzskii, A.L., Murzin, V.N., and Perestoronin, A.V., FPS’04, Sbornik rasshirennykh tezisov (FPS’04, Extended Abstracts), Moskwa-Zvenigorod, 2004, p. 40.Google Scholar
- 6.Golovashkin, A.I., Karuzskii, A.L., Mishachev, V.M., et al., J. Supercond: Inc. Novel Magnetism, 2006, DOI: 10.1007/s 10948-005-0100-4.Google Scholar
- 8.Davydov, A.S., Teoriya tverdogo tela (Theory of Solid State), Moscow: Nauka, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.Zarubanov, V.V. and Il’inskii, A.S., Matematicheskie modeli prikladnoi elektrodinamiki (Mathematical Models of Applied Electrodynamics), Dmitriev, V.I. and Il’inskii, A.S., Eds., Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1984.Google Scholar
- 12.Karuzskii, A.L., Tskhovrebov, A.M., and Chernyaev, A.P., Sovremennaya matematika v fiziko-tekhnicheskikh zadachakh: mezhduved. sb. (Modern Mathematics in Physicotechnical Problems: Interdisciplinary Collected Works), Moscow: Izd-vo MFTI, 1986, p. 37.Google Scholar