Phase transformations and mechanical properties of stainless steel in the nanostructural state
- 19 Downloads
The peculiar features of structurization and changes in mechanical properties are studied during equichannel-angular (ECA) pressing treatment and cold deformation (strain) through rolling of metastable austenitic steel up to a rolling rate of e = 2.1. It is shown that the ECA pressing treatment of austenitic steel resulted in enhancement of its strength characteristics and conserved its high plasticity values, exceeding by an order of magnitude, these characteristics after cold plastic strain, which is associated with the optimization of the kinetics of γ → α transformation.
KeywordsAustenite Martensite Austenitic Steel Percent Elongation Trip Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gusev, A.I., Nanokristallicheskie materialy: metody polucheniya i svoistva (Nanocrystalline Materials: Methods for Production and Properties), Yekaterinburg: Izd. Ural Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, 1998, p. 199.Google Scholar
- 2.Andrievskii, R.A. and Ragulya, A.V., Nanostrukturnye materialy (Nanodimension Structural Materials), Moscow: Akademiya, 2005, p. 192.Google Scholar
- 4.Segal, V.M., Reznikov, V.I., and Kopylov, V.I., Protsessy plasticheskogo structuroobrazovaniya metallov (Processes of the Plastic Structurization of Metals), Minsk: Novel Technologies, 1994, p. 232.Google Scholar
- 5.Sagaradze, V.V. and Uvarov, A.A., Uprochnenie austenitnykh stalei (Strengthening of Austenitic Steels), Moscow: Nauka, 1989, p. 270.Google Scholar
- 6.Kositsyna, I.I., Sagaradze, V.V., and Kopylov, V.I., FMM, 1999, vol. 88, no. 5, p. 99.Google Scholar
- 7.Likhachev, V.A., Panin, V.E., Zasimchuk, E.E., et al., Kooperativnye deformatsionnye protsessy i lokalizatsiya deformatsii (Cooperative Deformation Processes and Localization of Deformation), Kiev: Nauk. Dumka, 1980, p. 320.Google Scholar