Concentration dependence of the surface tension for binary systems
- 25 Downloads
A new equation for calculating the surface tension of binary systems is derived from fundamental thermodynamic relations. The validity of the equation is verified for 16 binary systems. It is demonstrated that the results of the calculations are in good agreement with the experimental data obtained for binary systems with smooth isotherms of the surface tension.
KeywordsSurface Tension Binary System Thallium Concentration Dependence Rubidium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Popel’, S.I., Poverkhnostnye yavleniya v rasplavakh, Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994. Translated under the title Surface Phenomena in Melts, Cambridge: Cambridge International Science, 2003.Google Scholar
- 2.Zadumkin, S.I., Ponezhev, M.Kh., and Belousov, V.K., Teor. Eksp. Khim., 1971, vol. 7, pp. 34–39.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhukhovitskii, A.A., Zh. Fiz. Khim., 1944, vol. 18, nos. 5–6, pp. 214–233.Google Scholar
- 4.Rusanov, A.I., Fazovye ravnovesiya i poverkhnostnye yavleniya (Phase Equilibria and Surface Phenomena), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1967 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.Mekhdiev, I.P., Zh. Fiz. Khim., 2001, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 749–751 [Russ. J. Phys. Chem. (Engl. transl.), 2001, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 667–669].Google Scholar