Structural Analysis of Nano Ferrites Synthesized by Combustion and Microwave Methods
- 15 Downloads
We suggest a new approach to synthesis of nano nickel ferrites via combustion synthesis in electric and microwave ovens. The oxidation of organic compounds, decomposition of salts, and their degradation were explored by TGA–DTA. As-prepared nanopowders were characterized by X-ray powder diffraction. Structures of both ferrites were slightly different. Detailed material parameters such as crystallite size (D), lattice constant (a), micro strain (ε), X-ray density (ΔX), dislocation density (ρX), hopping lengths (LA and LB), bond lengths (A–O and B–O), ionic radii (rA and rB), texture coefficient [TC(hkl)], and mechanical properties were measured and comparatively analyzed.
Keywordsferrites combustion synthesis electric heating microwave heating XRD mechanical properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Goldman, A., Modern Ferrite Technology, New York: Springer-Verlag, 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.Spaldin, N., Magnetic Materials: Fundamentals and Device Applications, Cambridge: Univ. of Cambridge Press, 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.Yattinahalli, S.S., Kapatkar, S.B., and Mathad, S.N., Synthesis and structural characterization of nanomanganese ferrites, J. Nano-Electron. Phys., 2015, vol. 7, no. 4, p. 04096 (1–3).Google Scholar
- 10.Mathew, D.S. and Juang, R.-S., Structure and magnetism of spinel ferrite nanoparticles and their synthesis in microemulsions, J. Cheminf., 2007, vol. 38, no. 34, pp. 1522–2667. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chin.200734231Google Scholar
- 13.Kumar, A., Molakeri, S., and Kalyane, S., Synthesis and characterization of nano crystalline nickel ferrite, Proc. IJSRD Nat. Conf. on Advances in Computing and Communications, 2016, pp. 250–253.Google Scholar