Polynomial algorithm for exact calculation of partition function for binary spin model on planar graphs
- 24 Downloads
In this paper we propose and realize an algorithm for exact calculation of partition function for planar graph models with binary variables. The complexity of the algorithm is O(N 2) Experiments show good agreement with Onsager’s analytical solution for the two-dimensional Ising model of infinite size.
KeywordsPlanar graph Ising model partition function binary model polynomial algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Wainwright, M.J. and Jordan, M.I., Graphical models, exponential families, and variational inference, Technical Report, UC Berkeley Dept. of Statistics, 2003.Google Scholar
- 8.Kryzhanovsky, B. and Litinskii, L., Approximate method of free energy calculation for spin system with arbitrary connection matrix, J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 2015, p. 574, 012017. http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.6696.Google Scholar
- 10.Kryzhanovsky, B. and Litinskii, L., Applicability of n-vicinity method for calculation of free energy of Ising model, Phys. A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Appl., ISSN 0378–4371. http://dx.doi.org/. Cited November 3, 2016. doi 10.1016/j.physa.2016.10.074Google Scholar
- 11.Kac, M. and Ward, J., A combinatorial solution of the two-dimensional Ising model, Phys. Rev., 1952, vol. 88, no. 6.Google Scholar
- 15.Schraudolph, N. and Kamenetsky, D., Efficient exact inference in planar Ising models, In NIPS, 2008.Google Scholar
- 18.Lovas, L. and Plammer, M., Applied problems of the graph theory, The Pair Matching Theory in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Mir, 1998.Google Scholar
- 19.Middleton, A., Middleton, T., and Creighton, K., Matching Kasteleyn Cities for Spin Glass Ground States, Physics, 2007, p. 180. http://surface.syr.edu/phy/180.Google Scholar
- 20.Liers, F. and Pardella, G., A simple MAX-CUT algorithm for planar graphs, Technical Report, 2008, p. 16.Google Scholar
- 21.Davis, T.A., Direct Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, Philadelphia: SIAM, 2006.Google Scholar