Movement Simulation of a Five-Link Crawling Robot with Controlled Friction Forces
- 12 Downloads
This paper considers the motion of a five-link crawling robot equipped with special friction elements for the periodic clamping of the links along a rough horizontal surface. A classification of the modes of motion depending on the presence of obstacles on the surface and ways of crossing them is presented. One of the crawling modes along the surface without obstacles or with obstacles when the end links are detached from the surface and the adjacent ones rotate by a given angle in the motion plane is analyzed. The influence of the control parameters on the average robot speed is established.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Conkur, E. and Riza Gurbuz, Path planning algorithm for snake-like robots, Inf. Technol. Control, 2008, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 159–162.Google Scholar
- 2.Bolotnik, N., Pivovarov, M., Zeidis, I., and Zimmermann, K., Dynamics and Control of a Two-Module Mobile Robot on a Rough Surface, Advances on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, Springer Int. Publ., 2014, pp. 141–148.Google Scholar
- 4.Jatsun, S.F., Vorochaeva, L.Yu., Yatsun, A.S., and Malchikov, A.V., Theoretical and experimental studies of transverse dimensional gait of five-link mobile robot on rough surface, Proc. 10th Int. Symp. on Mechatronics and Its Applications ISMA’2015, Lisbon, 2015, p.35.Google Scholar
- 5.Yatsun, S.F., Mishchenko, V.Ya., and Naumov, G.S., RF Patent 2567944, Byull. Izobret., 2015, no.31.Google Scholar
- 7.Jatsun, S., Loktionova, O., and Malchikov, A., Six-Link In-Pipe Crawling Robot. Advances on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators, Springer Int. Publ., 2014, pp. 341–348.Google Scholar
- 8.Craig, J.J., Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control, Pearson, 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.Ganiev, R.F., On the current state and the future prospects of the Institute of Machine Science, Russian Academy of Sciences, and problems of the mechanics of machines and breakthrough technologies, J. Mach. Manuf. Reliab., 2014, vol. 43, no. 3, p.188.Google Scholar
- 10.Aleshin, A.K., Glazunov, V.A., Shai, O., Rashoyan, G.V., Skvortsov, S.A., and Lastochkin, A.B., Infinitesimal displacement analysis of a parallel manipulator with circular guide via the differentiation of constraint equations, J. Mach. Manuf. Reliab., 2016, vol. 45, no. 5, p.398.CrossRefGoogle Scholar