On the Development of a Design Procedure of the Hydrodynamic Characteristics of Hydrogenerator Thrust Bearings Taking into Account the Heat Exchange
- 9 Downloads
The problem solution for the thrust sector bearing of a hydrogenerator with oil lubrication is considered. The value of the most important hydrodynamic characteristic of the thrust bearing, which is the lifting force, is defined. The pressure field is determined by the direct numerical integration of the Navier-Stokes equations for a lubricating oil layer. The case of the absence of heat exchange between the lubrication layer and solid-state components of the thrust bearing and the case when the heat exchange is taken into account are considered. The calculation results, which are compared with an experiment, are presented. The research results can serve as the basis to develop automation systems for designing hydrogenerator thrust bearings.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kunin, I.A., Gidrodinamicheskaya teoriya smazki upornykh podshipnikov (Hydrodynamic Theory of Axial Bearings Lubrication), Novosibirsk: Siberian Branch of the USSR Acad. Sci., 1960.Google Scholar
- 2.Podol’skii, M.E., Upornye podshipniki skol’zheniya: Teoriya i raschet (Sliding Axial Bearings: Theory and Calculation), Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Boldyrev, Yu.Ya., Variatsionnoe ischislenie i metody optimizatsii. Uchebnoe posobie (Variation Calculation and Optimization Methods. Student’s Book), St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg Polytechnic Univ., 2016.Google Scholar
- 4.Lord Rayleigh, Notes on the theory of lubrication, Phil. Mag., 1918, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- 6.Boldyrev, Yu.Ya. and Slesarev, M.E., One-dimensional radial gas bearing with maximum bearing capacity, Mashinovedenie, 1987, no. 4, pp. 97–103.Google Scholar
- 7.Loitsyanskii, L.G., Mekhanika zhidkosti i gaza (Fluid Mechanics), Moscow: Nauka, 1973.Google Scholar
- 8.Voskresenskii, V.A. and D’yakov, V.I., Raschet i proektirovanie opor skol’zheniya. Spravochnik (Sliding Bearings: Design and Calculation. Handbook), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1980.Google Scholar
- 9.Garbaruk, A.V., Strelets, M.Kh., and Shur, M.L., Vozmozhnosti i ogranicheniya sovremennykh podkhodov k modelirovaniyu turbulentnosti v aerodinamicheskikh raschetakh. Uchebnoe posobie (Modern Approaches to Turbulence Simulation in Aerodynamic Calculations: Possibilities and Limitations. Student’s Book), St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg Polytechnic Univ., 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.Shkolnik, V., Antonov, P., Amelina, V., and Aleksandrov, A., Calculation and experimental researches of the hydrogenerator thrust bearings with PTFE-coated pads, Proc. HYDRO 2011, Prague, Oct. 2011, pap. 33-01.Google Scholar