Piercing of Continuous-Cast Billet on Two-Roller Screw Mills with Liners
In billet piercing on two-roller screw mills, the influence of the shape and position of the liner (guide piece) on the ratio of the transverse and longitudinal deformation is analyzed. The quality of the sleeve obtained from the continuous-cast billet is ensured by simulating the parameters of the deformation region so as to increase the proportion of transverse deformation. In the piercing mill, the rollers consist of two conical sections, with a gorge between the cones. A piercing mandrel is mounted between the rollers. The tip of the mandrel projects from the gorge toward the input to the deformation region. Liners (guide pieces) limit the transverse motion. The liners consist of a conical input section, an output section, and an intermediate collar. The proportion of transverse deformation is increased by adjusting the distribution of oval distortion of the blank over the length of the deformation region.
Keywords:piercing screw rolling guide liner oval distortion transverse deformation continuous-cast billet cast structure
Financial support was provided by the Russian government (project no. 007-00129-18-00).
- 1.Khanin, M.I., Vol’fovich, V.V., Korobochkin, I.Yu., et al., Secondary punching in a cross rolling mill with various guiding tools, in Obrabotka metallov davleniem (Metal Forming by Pressure), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1973, no. 69, pp. 320–330.Google Scholar
- 2.Golubchik, R.M. and Lebedev, A.V., New methods piercing mills setting relating to the cyclic forming of hollows, 7th Int. Conf. “History and Future of Seemless Steel Tubes,” Karlovy Vary, 1990, pp. 1–17.Google Scholar
- 3.Galkin, S.P., The rate of transverse deformation during punching of blanks, Proizvod. Prokata, 2011, no. 9, pp. 18–23.Google Scholar
- 4.Golubchik, R.M., Merkulov, D.V., Toporov, V.A., and Parfenov, V.A., Ways of structure reaming enhancement when piercing uninterruptedly casted sections, XXXVI Int. Students Scientific Session “The Applications of Information Technology at Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering Development,” Czestochowa, 2012, pp. 341–347.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhavoronkov, V.A., Theoretical and experimental studies of the screw rolling of round profiles of variable cross sections on three-roll mills, Extended Abstract of Doctoral (Eng.) Dissertation, Moscow: Moscow Higher Tech. Coll., 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.Tyurin, V.A., Additional macroshifts during plastic deformation of ingots, continuously casted and rolled blanks, in Chernaya Metallurgiya Rossii i SNG v XXI veke (Ferrous Metallurgy of Russia and CIS Countries in 21st Century), Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1994, vol. 4, pp. 33–35.Google Scholar
- 8.Golubchik, R.M., Theory of rolling technology and tool calibration for cross rolling mills to improve the production of hot-rolled pipes, Extended Abstract of Doctoral (Eng.) Dissertation, Moscow: Moscow Inst. Steel Alloys, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.Pavlov, I.M., Hyperbolic paraboloid of volumetric deformation, Metallurg, 1935, no. 2, pp. 88–100.Google Scholar
- 10.Golubchik, R.M., Parfenov, V.A., Merkulov, D.V., Stepanov, A.I., Toporov, V.A., and Tolmachev, V.S., RF Patent 2518040, Byull. Izobret., 2014, no. 16, p. 2.Google Scholar