Solidification of a thick slab in a mold with supplementary cooling
- 12 Downloads
A model is proposed for the solidification of thick ingots with supplementary cooling by means of mandrels. On that basis, the overheating of the liquid steel in the classical system may be eliminated. The effectiveness of supplementary cooling by means of mandrels is shown in a computational experiment. The solidification rate may be significantly modified by that means.
Keywordsthick steel slab mandrels mold continuous casting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Isaev, O.B., Chichkarev, E.A., Kislitsa, V.V., et al., Modelirovanie sovremennykh protsessov vnepechnoi obrabotki i nepreryvnoi razlivki stali (Modeling of Modern Out-Off-Furnace Processing and Continuous Steel Casting), Shakhpazova, E.Kh., Ed., Moscow: Metallurgizdat, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Radoric, Z., Lalovic, M., Tripkovic, M. et al. Forming of positive macrosegregation during steel ingot solidification, ISIJ Int., 1999, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 329–334.Google Scholar
- 3.Efimov, V.A., Prospective use of external influences on liquid and crystallizing metal, in Razlivka stali v slitki (Casting of Steel in Ingots), Kiev: IPL, 1987, pp. 5–14.Google Scholar
- 4.Isachenko, V.P., Osipova, V.A., and Sukomel, A.S., Teploperedacha (Heat Transfer), Moscow: Energoizdat, 1981.Google Scholar
- 6.Stetina, J., Ramil, P., and Katolicky, J., Control of soft reduction of continuous slab casting with a thermal model, Mater. Technol., 2015, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 725–729.Google Scholar
- 7.Stal’noi slitok. Tom 2. Zatverdevanie i okhlazhdenie (Steel Ingot, Vol. 2: Curing and Cooling), Timoshpol’skii, V.I. and Samoilovich, Yu.A., Eds., Minsk: Belaruskaya Navuka, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.nla3d (Non-Linear Analysis 3D) program, GitHub platform for developers. https://github.com/dmitryikh/ nla3d. Accessed March 23, 2017.Google Scholar