Catalog of positions and B-magnitudes of stars in the circumpolar region of the Northern Sky Survey (FON) project
The catalog of equatorial coordinates α and δ and B-magnitudes of stars has been created at the Main Astronomical Observatory, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (MAO NASU), for the circumpolar region (from 58° to 90°) of the Northern Sky Survey (FON) project within the work on the rational use of resources accumulated in the JDA (Joint Digital Archive) of the Ukrainian Virtual Observatory (UkrVO). The total number of processed plates is 477. The plates were digitized with the using Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL TMA and Epson Expression 10000XL scanners (scanning mode was 1200 dpi, the linear size of plates was 30 × 30 cm or 13000 × 13000 px). The catalog includes 1 975 967 stars and galaxies with B of up to 16.5 m as of the epoch of 1985.28. The coordinates of stars and galaxies were obtained in the Tycho-2 reference system and B-magnitudes were obtained in the system of photoelectric standards. The internal errors of the catalog for all the objects are σαδ = 0.23′′ and σ B = 0.12 m , and those for stars of the B range from 8 m –14 m , 0.11′′ and 0.06 m , respectively. The convergence between the calculated and reference positions is σαδ = 0.06′′ (for 171124 stars from Tycho-2), and that between the photoelectric stellar B-magnitudes is σ B = 0.15m (for 5130 stars). The external error from the comparison with UCAC-4 are σαδ = 0.33′′ (1928367 stars and galaxies have been cross identified).
KeywordsCelestial Body Stellar Magnitude Internal Error Star Image Main Astronomical Observatory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. Andruk and L. Pakulyak, “A trial Microtek Scan Maker application for star photometry,” Zh. Fiz. Dosl. 11, 329–333 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Andruk, L. K. Pakulyak, O. M. Yizhakevich, et al., “Astrometry of PSA plates digitalized by two kinds of scanners. Separation of images of the stars from two exposures,” Visn. KNU T. Shevchenka, Ser. Astron. 48, 11–13 (2012).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Golovnya, V. Andruk, and A. Yatsenko, “Astrometry of PSA plates digitalized using MICROTEK SCANMAKER 9800XL TMA scanner,” Zh. Fiz. Dosl. 14 (2), 1–8 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Kornilov, I. M. Volkov, A. I. Zakharov, et al., Catalogue of WBVR-Magnitudes of Bright Stars of the Northern Sky, Ed. by V.G. Kornilov (Moscow Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1991), in Ser. Transactions of Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Vol. 63 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Andruk, A. P. Vidmachenko, and Yu. M. Ivashcheko, “Processing of CCD frames of images of star fields without the frame of a flat field using new software in program shell of MIDAS/ROMAFOT,” Kinematics Phys. Celestial Bodies Suppl., No. 5, 431–416 (2005).Google Scholar
- 14.ESO-MIDAS User Guide (Eur. South. Obs. Data Manage. Div., Garching, 1994), Vols. A, B. C.Google Scholar
- 15.J. C. Mermilliod, Homogeneous Means in the UBV System (Inst. d’Astronom., Univ. Lausanne, Lausanne, 1991).Google Scholar