Spontaneous Emergence of Programs from “Primordial Soup” of Functions in Distributed Computer Systems
- 16 Downloads
This article considers a problem of possible spontaneous emergence of high level of abstraction programs from the set of independent parallel processes, which are performing different functions and using shared variables. The model proposed in the article is based on the principles of artificial chemistry and describes the distributed computing. As the results of simulations, unstable cyclic computational structures of different kinds spontaneously arose in the model. These structures are considered as implicit programs.
Keywordsself-organization spontaneous emergence of programs artificial chemistry artificial life distributed computing systems artificial intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Tschudin, C. and Meyer, T., Programming by Equilibria, 15th Kolloquium Programmiersprachen und Grundlagen der Programmierung (KPS 2009), 2009, vol. 2009-X-2, pp. 37–46.Google Scholar
- 5.Fontana, W., Algorithmic chemistry, in Artificial Life II, SFI Studies in the Sciences of Complexity, Langton, C.G., Taylor, C., Farmer, J.D., and Rasmussen, S., Eds., 1991, vol. X, pp. 159–209.Google Scholar
- 6.Ray, T.S., An evolutionary approach to synthetic biology: Zen and the art of creating life, in Artificial Life: An Overview, Langton, C.G., Ed., Cambridge: MIT, 1997, pp. 179–209.Google Scholar
- 7.Adami, C. and Brown, C.T., Evolutionary learning in the 2d artificial life system “Avida,” Artificial Life IV, Proc. of the Forth International Workshop on Synthesis and Simulation of Living Systems, Brooks, R.A. and Maes, P., Eds., Cambrige: MIT, 1994, pp. 377–381.Google Scholar
- 10.Oparin, A.I., The Origin of Life, Dover Publications, 1953.Google Scholar
- 11.Kol’chugina, E.A., A program simulating the spontaneous emergence of programs on the basis of set of independent processes Cycles v.14, Application no. 2016614063 from April 20, 2016; registered in the Registry of Computer Programs on June 14, 2016.Google Scholar