Face recognition Face2vec based on deep learning: Small database case
- First Online:
- 73 Downloads
Object classification is a common problem in artificial intelligence and now it is usually approached by deep learning. In the paper the artificial neural network (ANN) architecture is considered. According to described ANN architecture, the ANN models are trained and tested on a relatively small Color-FERET facial image database under different conditions. The best fine-tuned ANN model provides 94% face recognition accuracy on Color-FERET frontal images and 98% face recognition accuracy within 3 attempts. However, for improving recognition system accuracy large data sets are still necessary preferably consisting of millions of images.
Keywordsdeep learning face recognition artificial neural networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Krizhevsky, A., Sutskever, I., and Hinton, G.E., Imagenet classification with deep convolutional neural networks, Adv. Neural Inf. Process. Syst., 2012, pp. 1097–1105.Google Scholar
- 2.Feret, C., Facial Image Database. Image Group, Information Access Division, ITL, National Institute of Standards and Technology, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.Schroff, F., Kalenichenko, D., and Philbin, J., FaceNet: A unified embedding for face recognition and clustering, arXiv:1503.03832, 2015.Google Scholar
- 4.Image classification competition ImageNet. http://www.image-net.org/challenges/LSVRC/2014.Google Scholar
- 5.Kaiming He, Xiangyu Zhang, Shaoqing Ren, and Jian Sun, Deep residual learning for image recognition, arXiv:1512.03385, 2015.Google Scholar
- 6.Abadi, M., Agarwal, A., Barham, P., Brevdo, E., Chen, Z., Citro, C., Corrado, G.S., Davis, A., Dean, J., Devin, M., Ghemawat, S., Goodfellow, I., Harp, A., Irving, G., Isard, M., et al., TensorFlow: Large-Scale Machine Learning on Heterogeneous Systems, 2015.Google Scholar
- 7.Parkhi, O.M., Vedaldi, A., and Zisserman, A., Deep face recognition, British Machine Vision Conference, 2015. doi doi 10.5244/C.220.127.116.1144/C.29.41Google Scholar
- 8.Yandong Guo, Lei Zhang, Yuxiao Hu, Xiaodong He, and Jianfeng Gao, MS-Celeb-1M: A dataset and benchmark for large-scale face recognition, arXiv:1607.08221, 2016.Google Scholar
- 9.Taigman, Ya., Yang, M., Ranzato, M.A., and Wolf, L., Deep-face: Closing the gap to human-level performance in face verification, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 2014, pp. 1701–1708.Google Scholar