A geoelectrical survey of an area under construction near the Moscow–St. Petersburg highway
- 25 Downloads
The results of a geoelectrical survey of the Mshentsy area located in Tver oblast near the Moscow–St. Petersburg express road, which is under construction, are presented. In order to obtain information about the geological composition of the area and the processes that occur in it (karst and water flow zones ), we performed our measurements using the electrical resistivity imaging, self potential survey, water electrical conductivity and temperature measurements. Using petrophysical resistivity modeling of the rocks, taking the geoelectric data into account, we completed a lithology differentiation of the section and calculated the hydraulic conductivity values of the rocks. By interpreting this data, we found a wide distribution of fractured carbonates that compose the lower part of the section of the studied territory. The conclusion was drawn that the Mshentsy area belongs to the intense local karst zone.
Keywordskarst petrophysical modeling electrical resistivity imaging self potential anomalies hydraulic conductivity value Aquifer Vulnerability Index (AVI)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Freeze, R.A. and Cherry, J.A., Groundwater, Prentice Hall, 1979.Google Scholar
- Komarov, V.A., Geoelektrokhimiya: Uch. posobie (Geoelectrochemistry. Handbook), St. Petersburg: St. Peterburg. Gos. Univ., 1994.Google Scholar
- Loke, M.H., Tutorial: 2-D and 3-D Electrical Imaging Surveys, Malaysia: Geotomo Software, 2009.Google Scholar
- Matveev, B.C. and Ryzhov, A.A., Geophysical support of regional hydrogeological, engineering-geological, geocryological, and geoecological studies, Razved. Okhr. Nedr, 2006, no. 2, pp. 50–57.Google Scholar
- Ryzhov, A.A. and Sudoplatov, A.D., Conductivity calculation of sand-clays rocks and the use of functional dependences for solving hydrogeological problems, in Nauchno-tekhn. dostizheniya i peredovoi opyt v oblasti geologii i razvedki nedr (Technical-Scientific Achievements and Advanced Experience in Geological and Exploration Survey), Moscow, Vseross. Inst. Econ. Miner. Syr. Nedropolz., 1990, pp. 27–41.Google Scholar
- Sokolov, D.S., Osnovnye usloviya razvitiya karsta (Basic Conditions of Karst Genesis), Moscow: Gosgeoltekhizdat, 1962.Google Scholar