Geological structures of the Norilsk copper-nickel deposit: A new interpretation of the seismic refraction data
- First Online:
- 99 Downloads
Regional seismic works in the area of the Norilsk copper-nickel deposit were made using the seismic refraction method in the 1980s. These data were used to derive new information about the studied area. The data of eight profiles of about 2900 km total length were processed by the homogeneous functions method and reinterpreted.
Based on the seismic sections thus derived, horizontal slices were built to identify the spatial positions of structures and produce the volume image of the basement’s ledge. Seismic sections of 10–20 km in depth and horizontal slices contain the information about the boundaries, reflect the volume internal structure of sedimentary strata and basement, and show the faults.
KeywordsNorilsk copper-nickel deposit seismic refraction method method of homogeneous functions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Geologo-geokhimicheskie usloviya formirovaniya neftegazovykh mestorozhdenii v drevnikh tolshchakh Vostochnoi Sibiri (Geological-geochemical Formation Settings of Oil- and Gas-Fields in the Ancient Strata of the Eastern Siberia), Sokolov, B.A, Ed., Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Univ., 1989.Google Scholar
- Golodkovskaya, G.A., Demidyuk, L.M., and Shaumyan, L.V., Engineering Geology of the Talnakh Deposits: Problems, Methods, and Study Experience, Vestn. Mosk. Univ. Ser. 4: Geol., 1977, no. 5, pp. 101–116.Google Scholar
- Mishin, N.I., Panfilov, A.L., and Stepina, Z.A., Structural Criteria of Formation Depth for Oil Fields and Ore Deposits in the Earth’s Crust in Comparison with the Geophysical Data, Sb. tr. chetvertykh geofizicheskikh chtenii imeni V.V. Fedynskogo ‘Geofizika XXI stoletiya: 2002 god’ (Trans. of Fourth Readings on Geophysics in Memory of V. V. Fedynskii ‘Geophysics of the XXI century: 2002’), Moscow: Nauchn. mir, 2003, pp. 324–329.Google Scholar
- Piip, V.B., Local Reconstruction of Seismic Section from Refracted Wave Data on the Basis of Homogeneous Functions, Fiz. Zemli, 1991, no. 10, pp. 24–32.Google Scholar
- Piip, V.B., Melikhov, V.R., Tsydypova, L.R., and Akhmetov, A.A., Structure of the Ancient Strata on the Northwest of the Siberian Craton Base on the Re-Processing of Seismic Survey Results of 1980s, II EAGE/EAGO/SEG Int. Geosci. Conf. & Exhibition Tyumen, 2009.Google Scholar
- Puzyrev, N.N., Krylov, S.V., and Potap’ev, S.V., Point Seismic Sounding, in Metodika seismorazvedki (Seismic Survey Methods), Moscow: Nauka, 1965, pp. 9–70.Google Scholar