Differentiation of haploid and dihaploid rape plants at the cytological and morphological levels
- 128 Downloads
Some cytological and morphological features of haploid and dihaploid winter rapó plants obtained via the anther cultivation approach have been studied. It was shown that in haploid plants the number of chloroplasts in stomatal guard cells, the size of the stomatal guard cells themselves were much smaller, and the number of stomata per square unit was greater than in doubled haploids and diploids. Haploids were also characterized by smaller sizes of petals and anthers and, in general, a smaller flower as compared to dihapliods and diploids.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu, H. and Zeng, J.Z., Development of New Varieties via Anther Culture, in Handbook of Plant Cell Culture, New York: Macmillan, 1984, vol. 3, pp. 65–90.Google Scholar
- 3.Nietzsche, B. and Wenzel, G., Gaploidy v selektsii rastenii (Haploids in Plant Breeding), Moscow: Kolos, 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.Lyakh, V.A. and Soroka, A.I., Botanicheskie i tsitogeneticheskie osobennosti vidov roda Linum L. i biotekhnologicheskie puti raboty s nimi (Botanical and Cytogenetic Characteristics of the Genus Linum L. and Biotechnological Ways to Work with Them), Zaporozh’e, 2008.Google Scholar
- 5.Ferrie, A., Microspore Culture of Brassica Species, in Doubled Haploid Production in Crop Plants: A Manual, Maluszynski, M., et al., Eds., Dordrecht: Kluwer, 2003, pp. 205–215.Google Scholar
- 6.Shamina, Z.B., Androgenesis and Obtaining Haploids in Anther and Microspore Cultures, in Kul’tura kletok rastenii (Plant Cell Culture), Butenko, R.G., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1981, pp. 124–135.Google Scholar
- 7.Vyvadilova, M., Tomaskova, D., Bechyne, M., and Kucera, V., The Use of Doubled Haploids to Stabilize Yellow-Seedness in Oilseed Rape (Brassica napus), Czech J. Genet. Plant Breed., 1999, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 7–9.Google Scholar
- 11.Friedt, W. and Zarhloul, M.K., in Haploids in Crop Improvement II, Palmer, C.E. and Keller, W.A., Kasha, K.J., Eds., Berlin: Springer, 2005, vol. 56, pp. 191–213.Google Scholar
- 13.Pausheva, Z.P., Praktikum po tsitologii rastenii (A Practical Course in Plant Cytology), Moscow: Kolos, 1980.Google Scholar
- 14.Dospekhov, B.A., Metodika polevogo opyta (Field Experiment Method), Moscow: Kolos, 1979.Google Scholar
- 15.Khokhlov, S.S., Tyrnov, V.S., Grishina, E.V., et al., Gaploidiya i selektsiya (Haploidy and Breeding), Moscow: Nauka, 1976.Google Scholar
- 18.Davydova, N.N., Improvement of the Anther Culture Method for Use in Cabbage (Brassica oleracea L.) Breeding, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Agric.) Dissertation, Moscow, 2008.Google Scholar
- 19.Kotlyarova, O.V., Improving the Technology for Obtaining Regenerants to Create Double Haploids of Carrot (Daucus carota L.), Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Agric.) Dissertation, Moscow, 2010.Google Scholar