Using the dynamic light-scattering method for the analysis of a blood-serum model solution
- 68 Downloads
We used photon correlation spectroscopy to investigate various dynamic processes that occur in samples of a blood-serum solution. These processes were induced by directional changes of the surface charges of macromolecules and the concentration of the solution. We suggest that the obtained associations between the translational diffusion coefficient value (D t ) and the medium pH value, as well as the protein concentration value, indicate the possibility of using the dynamic light scattering method for the effective diagnosis of common diseases, including cardiovascular lesions and cancers.
Keywordsbovine serum albumin gamma globulin blood-serum solution photon correlation spectroscopy dynamic light scattering correlation function mass diffusivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Alberts, D. Brei, Dzh. L’yuis, M. Raff, K. Roberts, and J. D. Watson, Molecular Biology of Cell (Garland, New York, 1989; Mir, Moscow, 1994).Google Scholar
- 2.G. Z. Kammins and E. R. Paik, Photon Correlation and Light Beating Spectroscopy (Plenum, New York, 1974; Nauka, Moscow, 1978).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Pecora, Dynamic Light Scattering from Macromolecules (Stanford Univ., Stanford, 1984).Google Scholar
- 4.G. P. Petrova, Optical Spectral Methods of Study of Liquids and Solutions (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2009), Part 2 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.G. P. Petrova and Yu. M. Petrusevich, Biomed. Radioelektron., No. 3, 41 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Eskin, Light Scattering by Polymer Solutions and Properties of Macromolecules (Nauka, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Boiko, E. V. Garkusha, G. P. Petrova, Yu. M. Petrusevich, M. S. Pleshkova, B. D. Ryzhikov, N. V. Sokol, and D. I. Ten, “Structural Phase Transitions in Protein Solutions Containing Light and Heavy Metal Ions,” Preprint No. 2 (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2005).Google Scholar
- 8.Photocor. http://www.photocor.ru
- 10.G. P. Petrova, Optical Spectral Methods of Study of Liquids and Solutions (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2008), Part 1 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. K. Brilliantov and O. P. Revokatov, Molecular Dynamics of Disordered Media (Moscow Univ. Press, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].Google Scholar