An investigation of the physicochemical properties of both glutathione peroxidase I and its complexes with polyelectrolytes as promising agents for the treatment of diseases of the central nervous system
- 37 Downloads
A study of the kinetics of the thermal inactivation of glutathione peroxidase I was carried out. Glutathione peroxidase is an enzyme that plays a key role in the antioxidant protection system of the body. It was shown that oligomeric glutathione peroxidase I is inactivated by a monomolecular mechanism (37°C, pH 7.0, the enzyme concentrations 0.3 and 1 mg/mL). An effective method for stabilizing the enzyme by polyelectrolytes of different natures was proposed.
Keywordsreactive oxygen species glutathione peroxidase I polyelectrolyte kinetics of inactivation stabilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sies, H. and Helmut, M., Exp. Phys., 1997, vol. 82, p. 291.Google Scholar
- 2.Skulachev, V.P., Soros. Obraz. Zh., 1996, vol. 3, p. 4.Google Scholar
- 4.Nagababu, E., Chrest, F., and Rifkind, J., Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 2003, vol. 25, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 8.Okovityi, S.V., FARMind.: Prakt., 2003, vol. 5, p. 85.Google Scholar
- 10.Koller, L., South, P., Exon, J., and Whitbeck, G., Can. J. Comp. Med., 1984, vol. 48, p. 431.Google Scholar
- 11.Yacheika dlya elektroforeza Mini-PROTEANTM Tetra. Instruktsiya po ekspluatatsii (A Camber for Electrophoresis Mini-PROTEANTM Tetra: Operating Instruction), p. 14.Google Scholar