Axisymmetric contact between an annular rough punch and a surface nonuniform foundation
- 15 Downloads
The axisymmetric contact problem of interaction between a two-layer foundation and a rigid annular punch is considered under the assumption that the surface nonuniformity of the upper layer and the shape of the punch base are described by rapidly varying functions. The integral equation of the problem containing two rapidly varying functions is derived, and two versions of the problem are considered. Their solutions were first constructed by the generalized projection method. As an illustration, the model problem is analyzed numerically to demonstrate the high efficiency of the method.
Keywordscontact problem rapidly varying functions integral equation projection method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Alexandrov and S. M. Mkhitaryan, Contact Problems for Bodies with Thin Covers and Interlayers (Nauka, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Alexandrov, “Contact Problems on Soft and Rigid Coatings of an Elastic Half-Plane,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 1, 42–50 (2010) [Mech. Solids (Engl. Transl.) 45 (1), 34–40 (2010)].Google Scholar
- 4.N. F. Morozov and P. E. Tovstik, “BucklingModes of a CompressedPlate on an Elastic Substrate,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 6, 30–36 (2012) [Mech. Solids (Engl. Transl.) 47 (6), 622–627 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 7.K. E. Kazakov and A. V. Manzhirov, “Conformal Contact between Layered Foundations and Punches,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk.Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 3, 227–240 (2008) [Mech. Solids (Engl. Transl.) 43 (3), 512–524 (2008)].Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Manzhirov and K. E. Kazakov, “Contact Problem for a Foundation with a Rough Coating,” Lect. Notes Eng. Comput. Sci. 2224, 877–882 (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Goursat, Cours d’Analyse Mathéematique, Tome III. Intéegrales Infiniment Voisines; Équations aux Dérivées Partielles du Second Ordre; Équations Intégrales; Calcul des Variations (Gauthier–Villars, Paris, 1927; GTTI, Moscow–Leningrad, 1934).Google Scholar
- 12.I. I. Vorovich, V. M. Alexandrov, and V. A. Babeshko, Nonclassical Mixed Problems of Elasticity (Nauka, Moscow, 1974) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 13.V. S. Vladimirov, Equations of Mathematical Physics (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].Google Scholar