Questions of Simplifying the Methods of Testing Photoconverters Based on Cu(In,Ga)Se2. Part 1: A Basis for Mathematical Modeling of the Current–Voltage Characteristics
An analysis of possible errors of laboratory studies of current–voltage (I–V) characteristics for solar cells based on Cu(In,Ga)Se2 (CIGS) using different lamps is provided, and the possibility of simplifying the procedure of testing the cells and panels by calculations and modeling is presented. Formulas are presented to develop mathematical models of the correlation between the quantum efficiency and the spectrum of the used lamp to obtain (I–V) characteristics of solar cells based on CIGS, which simplifies the testing procedure and data collection.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Photovoltaics Report, Aug. 10, 2015, Freiburg: Fraunhofer Inst. Solar Energy Systems, 2015.Google Scholar
- 6.Andreani, L.C., Kowalczewski, P.A., Mura, C.I., et al., Towards CIGS solar cells with reduced film thickness: a study of optical properties and of photonic structures for light trapping, in Proceedings of the 27th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition Materials, pp. 2334–2337.Google Scholar
- 9.International Energy Agency Photovoltaic Power Systems Programme, Characterisation of performance of thin-film photovoltaic technologies, Final Report IEAPVPS T13-02: 2014, Int. Energy Agency Photovoltaic Power Systems, 2014.Google Scholar
- 10.Fundamental Properties of Solar Cells. http://astro1. panet.utoledo.edu/~relling2/teach/archi-ves/6980. 4400.2012/20120131_PHYS_6980_4400_Fundamental-Properties.pdf.Google Scholar
- 11.Benmir, A. and Aida, M.S., Analytical modeling and simulation of CIGS solar cells, in Proceedings of the TerraGreen13 International Conference, Advancements in Renewable Energy and Clean Environment, Energy Proc., 2013, vol. 36, pp. 618–627.Google Scholar