Determination of the Convective Heat-Exchange Coefficient in Inner Channels of Light-Absorbing Heat-Exchange Panels of Flat-Plate Solar Water-Heating Collectors Based on the Results of Their Short-Term Thermal Testing in Full-Scale Conditions
The results of investigations to determine the convective heat-exchange coefficient in the inner heat-exchange channels (HECs) of the light-absorbing heat-exchange panels (LAHPs) of flat-plate solar water-heating collectors (FPSWHCs) are given based on the results of their short-term heat testing in fullscale quasi-stationary conditions. The research method is based on determining the value of the required parameter from the heat-balance equation formed for the inner surfaces of the LAHP HEC walls. The structures of the flow LAHPs with a sheet-piped and thin parallelepiped form are selected as the test objects. The thermal tests of the FPSWHC are carried out during the near-midday hours of the light day to ensure the quasi-stationary mode condition. The reliability of the proposed method and results of the investigations is proved by comparing the values of the thermal-efficiency coefficients of the FPSWHC LAHPs obtained using two independent approaches.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Solar Heat Worldwide: Solar Heating and Cooling Programme, International Energy Agency, 2016.Google Scholar
- 2.Petukhov, B.V., Solar water heaters, Extended Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Tech. Sci.) Dissertation, Moscow, 1946.Google Scholar
- 3.Avezov, R.R. and Orlov, A.Yu., Solnechnye sistemy otopleniya i goryachego vodosnabzheniya (Solar Systems for Heating and Hot Water Supply) Tashkent: FAN, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Smirnov, S.I., Construction of solar collectors, in Sistemy solnechnogo teplo-i khladosnabzheniya (System of Solar Hot and Cold Supply), Sarnatskii, E.V. and Chistovich, S.A., Eds., Moscow: Stroiizdat, 1990, pp. 56–82.Google Scholar
- 6.Avezov, R.R., Avezova, N.R., Rakhimov, E.Yu., and Kuralov, M.A., Geliotekhnika, 2017, no. 2, pp. 24–29.Google Scholar
- 7.Mikheev, M.A., Osnovy teploperedachi (Principles of Heat Transfer), Moscow, Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat, 1956.Google Scholar
- 8.Petukhov, B.S., Teploobmen i soprotivlenie pri laminarnom techenii zhidkosti v trubakh (Heat Transfer and Resistance in the Laminar Flow of Liquids in Tubes) Moscow: Energiya, 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.Ikbol, M., Stakhevich, D.V., Effect of tube orientation on heat transfer during joint action of free and forced convection, Teploperedacha, 1966, no. 1, pp. 119–126.Google Scholar