Quadrotor Control in Payload Transportation on Suspension
- 12 Downloads
This paper describes the problem of controlling a quadrotor motion in payload transportation on suspension. The suspension is a weightless rod pivotally fixed at the quadrotor mass center with a payload on its end. Equations of motion for a two-dimensional model are obtained using Lagrange equations of the second kind, which serve as a basis for a model revealing the suspension oscillations that destabilize the system. We proposed a controller based on the structural synthesis method and including the deflection angle of the rod from the vertical. The efficiency of the algorithm is confirmed by the simulation results.
Keywordsquadrotor trajectory control payload transportation on suspension structural synthesis method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Kückelhaus and D. Niezgoda, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Logistics (DHL, Troisdorf, 2014).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Mellinger, M. Shomin, N. Michael, and V. Kumar, “Cooperative Grasping and Transport Using Multiple Quadrotors,” in Proc. of the 10th Intern. Symposium Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems (Springer-Verlag, Berlin — Heidelberg, 2013).Google Scholar
- 3.M. I. Epov and I. N. Zlygostev, “Application of Unmanned Aircrafts in Aerogeophysical Survey,” in Proc. of the Intern. Scientific Conference “Remote Methods for Earth Probing and Photogrammetry, Environmental Monitoring, and Geo-Ecology” (Siberian State University of Geosystems and Technologies, Novosibirsk, 2012).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Yu. Kotov, A. A. Nesterov, M. N. Filippov, and A. P. Yan, “Method of Quadrotor Flight Control in the Target Tracking Problem,” Avtometriya 53 (4), 3–10 (2017) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 53 (4), 309–315 (2017)].Google Scholar
- 6.M. Geisert and N. Mansard, “Trajectory Generation for Quadrotor Based Systems Using Numerical Optimal Control,” in Proc. of the IEEE Intern. Conference on Robotics and Automation. Stockholm, Sweden, May 16–21, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICRA.2016.7487460.Google Scholar
- 7.I. Palunko, R. Fierro, and P. Cruz, “Trajectory Generation for Swing-Free Maneuvers of a Quadrotor with Suspended Payload: A Dynamic Programming Approach,” in Proc. of the IEEE Intern. Conference on Robotics and Automation, Saint Paul, USA, May 14–18, 2012. http://dblp.unitrier. de/db/conf/icra/icra2012.htmlPalunkoFC12.Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Belokon’, Yu. N. Zolotukhin, A. A. Nesterov, and M. N. Filippov, “Quadrotor Control Based on the Organization of Motion Along the Desired Trajectory in the State Space,” in Proc. XIII Intern. Conf. “Problems of Control and Simulation in Complex Systems” (Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Samara, 2011).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. N. Zolotukhin, K. Yu. Kotov, A. S. Mal’tsev, A. A. Nesterov, et al., “Robust Leader-Follower Formation Control of Mobile Robots by the Structural Synthesis Method,” Avtometriya 51 (5), 82–91 (2015) [Optoelectron., Instrum. Data Process. 51 (5), 496–504 (2015)].Google Scholar