Nonlinear Fracture Resistance Parameters for Elements of Aviation Structures under Biaxial Loading
- 6 Downloads
This study is concerned with practical application of nonlinear deformation and fracture resistance parameters for residual durability estimation of the fuselage elements with operation damage. By means of numerical calculations for the fragment of fuselage skin with central crack the governing parameters of the elastic-plastic crack-tip stress field are determined as a function of biaxial loading. Two variants of modeling of the crack-tip stress field were performed for the panel of homogeneous isotropic material and a set of the special cohesive elements. As a result the assessment of the biaxial loading influence of fracture damage zone state on crack tip stress field in fuselage panel is given.
Keywordsplastic factor of the stress intensity biaxial loading crack cohesive model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klochkov, Yu.V., Nikolaev, A.P., Vakhnina, O.V., and Kiseleva, T.A., Stress-Strain Analysis of a Thin-Shell Part of Fuselage Using a Triangular Finite Element with Lagrange Multipliers, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2016, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 20–26 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 316–323].Google Scholar
- 2.Kovalev, S.P., Nelyub, V.A., and Shelofast, V.V., Multi-Criteria Analysis of Aircraft Structure Fracture, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2015, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 9–14 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 370–375].Google Scholar
- 3.Glushkov, S.V. and Skvortsov, Yu.V., Fracture Mechanics Analysis of Cylindrical Panels with Non-Through Cracks, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2014, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 20–22 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 240–244].Google Scholar
- 4.Zheleznov, L.P., Kabanov, V.V., and Boiko, D.V., Nonlinear Deformation and Stability of Discretely Reinforced Elliptical Cylindrical Shells under Transverse Bending and Internal Pressure, Izv. Vuz. Av. Tekhnika, 2014, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 8–13 [Russian Aeronautics (Engl. Transl.), vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 118–126].Google Scholar
- 8.Citarella, R. and Apicella, A., Advanced Design Concepts and Maintenance by Integrated Risk Evaluation for Aerostructures, Structural Durability and Health Monitoring, 2006, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 183–196.Google Scholar
- 9.ASTM Standard E8-04. Standard Test Method for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken: ASTM International, 2004.Google Scholar
- 10.Barenblatt, G.I., The Mathematical Theory of Equilibrium Cracks in Brittle Fracture, Prikladnaya Mekhanika i Tekhnicheskaya Fizika, 1961, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 3–56 [Advances in Applied Mechanics (Engl. Transl.), 1962, vol. 7, pp. 55–129].Google Scholar
- 15.ASTM Standard E1820-17. Standard Test Method for Measurement of Fracture Toughness, American Society for Testing and Materials, West Conshohocken: ASTM International, 2017.Google Scholar
- 17.Shlyannikov, V.N., Tumanov, A.V., and Tartygasheva, A.M., Damage Growth in Fuselage Panels under Biaxial Loading, Trudy Academenergo, 2015, no. 4, p. 54–71.Google Scholar