Surface Shaping by Cutting: Theoretical Aspects
- 3 Downloads
The terminology relating to surface shaping by cutting is considered. Gaps in the standard terminology give rise to different terms for the same concept and different concepts described by the same term in the technical literature. The concept of the initial tool surface needs to be eliminated, since it covers three independent concepts: the initial generative surface; the initial generative cutting surface; the initial supply surface. Definitions are provided for concepts such as the generative and initial generative lines of tools; the initial surface to be machined and the final machined surface and others. Those definitions should be included in the relevant standard (State Standard GOST 25762–83).
Keywords:cutting tools surface shaping generative line cutting generative surface tool surface standard concepts terminology
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.GOST (State Standard) 25762–83: Machining. Terms, Definitions, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.GOST (State Standard) 16530–83: Gears. General Terms, Definitions, and Symbols, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 2004.Google Scholar
- 3.Lashnev, S.I., Borisov, A.N., and Emel’yanov, S.G., Geometricheskaya teoriya formirovaniya poverkhnostei rezushchimi instrumentami (Geometric Theory of Surface Formation in Cutting Tools), Kursk: Kursk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.Perepelitsa, B.A., Avtomatizirovannoe profilirovanie rezhushchikh instrumentov (teoriya i algoritmy): Uchebnoe posobie (Automated Profiling of Cutting Tools (Theory and Algorithms): Manual), Khrkov: Khar’k. Politekh. Inst., 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Klyuiko, E.V., Osnovy teorii formoobrazovaniya poverkhnostei na metallorezhushchikh stankakh (Fundamental theory of Surface Forming on Metal Cutting Machines), Tver: Tversk. Gos. Tekh. Univ., 2006.Google Scholar
- 6.Rodin, P.R., Osnovy proektirovaniya rezhushchikh instrumentov: Uchebnik (Engineering Principles of Cutting Tools: Manual), Kiev: Vyshcha Shkola, 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.Radzevich, S.P., Formoobrazovanie poverkhnostei detalei. Ocnovy teorii (Surface Formation of the Parts: Fundamental theory), Kyiv: Rastan, 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.Rezanie materialov. Rezhushchii instrument. Uchebnik (Cutting of Materials. Cutting Tool: Manual), Chemborisov, N.A., Ed., Moscow: Yurait, 2017, part 2.Google Scholar
- 12.Yudin, A.G., The second version of the general geometric model of cutting tools, Izv. Tul’sk. Gos. Univ., Tekh. Nauki, 2017, no. 8-1, pp. 8–12.Google Scholar
- 13.GOST (State Standard) 3.1109–82: Unified System for Technological Documentation. Terms and Definitions of Main Concepts, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 2001.Google Scholar