Errors in Clamping Thin-Walled Pipe
The errors arising when thin-walled pipe is clamped in a three-jaw chuck are determined. The wraparound jaws are bored so that their internal diameter is consistent with the rated workpiece size. The workpiece is centered with minimal force. The position of the internal surface is measured with respect to 16 points, and then the clamping force is increased to the working value and the measurements are repeated. It is found that, under the action of the clamping force, the workpiece diameter is decreased by a factor of about 0.0004, while the center of the cross section is additionally shifted by about 0.0003 diameter.
Keywords:thin-walled cylindrical shells turning clamping errors clamping forces three-jaw chuck
Financial support was provided by Tula State University (project NIR_2018_43).
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 3.Tregubov, V.I., Yamnikov, A.S., and Matveev, I.A., Technological support of particular design parameters of the parts of RSZO Tornado-G engine, Izv. Ross. Akad. Raketnykh Artilleriiskikh Nauk, 2017, no. 4 (99), pp. 94–98.Google Scholar
- 4.Vasilyev, A.S., Directed formation of operational properties of the parts in technological environment, Vestn. Yuzh.-Ural. Gos. Univ.,Ser.: Mahsinostr., 2017, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 33–40.Google Scholar
- 5.Matveev, I.A., Yamnikov, A.S., and Yamnikova, O.A., The influence of the type of the initial billet on the accuracy of manufacturing of extended axisymmetric cases, Vestn. Mashinostr., 2018, no. 3, pp. 45–49.Google Scholar
- 7.Yamnikov, A.S. and Chuprikov, A.O., Lathe collets for fixation of thin-walled billets, Vestn. Mashinostr., 2015, no. 8, pp. 64–66.Google Scholar
- 8.Yamnikov, A.S. and Matveev, I.A., Technological heredity in the advanced manufacturing technology of extended axisymmetric cases, Materialy XV Vserossiiskoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii “Mekhaniki XXI veku” (Proc. XV All-Russ. Sci.-Tech. Conf. “Mechanics for 21 Centuryst”), Bratsk: Bratsk. Gos. Univ., 2016, no. 15, pp. 119–124.Google Scholar
- 9.GOST (State Standard) 24642–81: Basic Norms of Interchangeability, Tolerances of Form and Position, Basic Terms and Definitions, Moscow: Izd. Standartov, 1981.Google Scholar
- 10.GOST (State Standard) R 53442–2009 (ISO 1101:2004): Basic Norms of Interchangeability, Geometrical Product Specifications, Tolerances of Form, Orientation, Location and Run-Out, Moscow: Standartinform, 2012.Google Scholar
- 11.Vysogorets, Ya.V. and Chemborisov, N.A., Flowcharts for determination of deviation from roundness, Sovrem. Tekh. Tekhnol., 2015, no. 4. http://technology.snauka.ru/2015/04/6498. Accessed September 24, 2018.Google Scholar
- 12.Kremer, N.Sh., Teoriya veroyatnostei i matematicheskaya statistika: Uchebnik dlya studentov vuzov (Theory of Probability and Mathematical Statistics: Manual for Students of Higher Education Institutions), Moscow: Yuniti-Dana, 2012.Google Scholar