Surface Profile Formed by Electric Discharge Machining
- 3 Downloads
The roughness is the most important characteristic of the working surfaces in machining parts. In the present work, the parameters of surface profiles formed by electric discharge machining (EDM) are statistically analyzed. On that basis, the influence of the margin selected in machining on the extent of the supporting surface is established. The results permit the determination of the relation between the length of the supporting frictional surface subject to external load and the length of the surface under the lubricant. That may be used in the creation of wear-resistant frictional pairs with high carrying capacity.
Keywords:electric discharge machining (EDM) surface roughness supporting surface Weibull distribution statistical analysis wear resistance carrying capacity
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Burumkulov, F.Kh., Lezin, P.P. Senin, P.V., et al., Elektroiskrovye tekhnologii vosstanovleniya i uprochneniya detalei mashin i instrumentov (teoriya i praktika) (Electric Spark Technologies of Reparation and Hardening of Machine Parts and Tools: Theory and Practice), Saransk: Krasnyi Oktyabr’, 2003.Google Scholar
- 2.Burumkulov, F.Kh., Lyalyakin, V.P., Pushkin, I.A., and Frolov, S.N., Electric spark metal processing as a universal method to restore worn parts, Mekh. Elektrif. Sel’sk. Khoz., 2001, no. 4, pp. 23–28.Google Scholar
- 4.Mikhailov, V.V., et al., Electrospark alloying titanium and its alloys: the physical, technological, and practical aspects. Part I. The peculiarities of the mass transfer and the structural and phase transformations in the surface layers and their wear and heat resistance, Surf. Eng. Appl. Electrochem., 2013, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 373–395.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Vlasenko, V.D. and Mulin, Yu.I., The formation of wear- and heat-resistant coatings on the surfaces of titanium alloys by electrospark alloying, Fiz. Khim. Obrab. Mater., 2015, no. 1, pp. 79–84.Google Scholar
- 6.Starostin, V.G. and Lelyukhin, V.E., Formalizatsiya proektirovaniya protsessov obrabotki rezaniem (Formalization of Engineering of Cutting Processes), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Lazarenko, N.I., Elektroiskrovoe legirovanie metallicheskikh poverkhnostei (Electric Spark Alloying of Metal Surfaces), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1976.Google Scholar
- 8.Garkunov, D.N., Tribotekhnika: iznos i bezyznosnost’ (Tribotechnics: Wear and Wearless), Moscow: Mosk. S-kh. Akad., 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.Burumkulov, F.Kh., Lel’chuk, L.M., Pushkin, I.A., and Frolov, S.N., Microgeometry and bearing capacity of coatings formed by electrospark surfacing, Tekhnol. Mashinostr., 2001, no. 4, pp. 29–34.Google Scholar
- 10.Borovikov, V.P., STATISTICA. Iskusstvo analiza dannykh na komp’yutere: Dlya professionalov (STATISTICA. Art of Computer Data Analysis for Professionals), St. Petersburg: Piter, 2003, 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 11.Garcia-Diaz, A. and Phillips, D.T., Principles of Experimental Design and Analysis, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar