Fuzzy Controllers in the Adaptive Control System of a CNC Lathe
- 19 Downloads
Traditional approaches to improving the technological system of CNC metal-cutting machines include increasing the rigidity, periodic maintenance and repair of its components, and operating at lower speeds. In practice, the most economical approach is stabilization of the inputs to the system. The development of adaptive control systems with stabilization of the cutting forces improves the precision and quality of machining in CNC metal-cutting machines, the productivity, and tool life. However, classical PID controllers are only effective in stabilizing the cutting forces in such systems if continuous real-time parameter adjustment is possible. That sharply increases the complexity of the controller. A new mathematical apparatus based on artificial intelligence (including fuzzy logic) permits the solution of adaptive control problems that previously could hardly even be formulated. The present work addresses the use of fuzzy logic in automatic stabilization of the cutting force for CNC lathes. Simulation of a fuzzy controller shows that this approach to automatic stabilization of the cutting force increases the machining efficiency on existing equipment with indeterminacy in the characteristics of the cutting system and the working environment.
Keywordsadaptive control systems CNC machine tools control algorithm fuzzy controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Adaptivnoe upravlenie stankami (Adaptive Machine Control), Balakshin, B.S., Ed., Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1973.Google Scholar
- 2.Kaminskaya, V.V., The development of adaptive control systems for CNC machines, Stanki Instrum., 1973, no. 3, pp. 2–4.Google Scholar
- 3.Ivanov, V.A., Novoselov, V.V., Nekrasov, Yu.I., et al., Tekhnologicheskoe obespechenie tochnosti i matematicheskoe modelirovanie protsessov mekhanoobrabotki v mashinostroenii (Technological Basis of Precision and Mathematical Modeling of Mechanical Treatment in Machine Engineering), Tyumen, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Proskuryakov, N.A., Nekrasov, R.Yu., and Putilova, U.S., Relationship of parameters of power loading at cutting and position mismatch in servo drives of CNC lathes, Materialy mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii “Povyshenie kachestva produktsii i effektivnosti proizvodstva” (Proc. Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. “Improvement of Quality of Production and Efficiency of Manufacturing Process”), Kurgan: Kurgansk. Gos. Univ., 2006, no. 2, part1.Google Scholar
- 5.Grabchenko, A.I., Klepikov, V.B., Dobroskok, V.L., et al., Vvedenie v mekhatroniku. Uchebnoe posobie (Introduction to Mechatronics: Manual), Kharkov: Nats. Tekh. Univ.-Khark. Politekh. Inst., 2014.Google Scholar